Whats in a name

The next two months passed quickly. Fewer teachers took points off for Harry's name corrections, although Professor McGonagall was one of the ones who kept holding on, taking off a point for each correction she heard. Harry found a picture of his mum when she was his age on his bedside table the morning after his talk with Professor Snape, and he made sure to thank the man when he next saw him. Harry continued to hang out with his friends and found out that while Hermione was a bookworm, her favorite activity was actually swimming. It was too cold to go swimming in the lake unfortunately, or Harry would have asked to learn. Draco loved apples, especially green ones, and there were always a selection of apples at meal times. Neville was especially good at Herbology, and he was the one they all went to for help on it. Ron was extremely good at chess. It had gotten to a point where none of the first years would play him because he was just too good.

The professors hadn't seen an entire class ignore House rivalry in their entire time as students or professors like the current first year. Every student seemed to get mostly along with each other. Of course some students didn't like each other, but it wasn't because they were in a different House. The center of it all seemed to be Harry Potter and his group of friends. They had broken the barrier first by staying friends even after they were Sorted into different Houses. The professors didn't know what to make of Harry Potter. They had all expected a second coming of James Potter. Instead they got someone who wasn't James or Lily. Harry was his own person, and they were all glad of it.

Harry laughed as Draco whined that he hadn't been able to finish his Charms homework as they headed to lunch on Halloween. Harry was extremely excited. Today was the day he would meet Sirius Black. He didn't know what the man would be like, but he did know, instinctively, that he was innocent. He had one more class today, then would leave for the Ministry of Magic for the trial at 2 o'clock. The boys chatted through lunch, then hurried to class. They had it with the Hufflepuffs, so Harry and Draco sat next to Neville. Harry could barely sit still. The professor didn't bother asking him to answer any questions, knowing he was too distracted. The second class was dismissed, Harry said a hasty goodbye to his friends and headed towards the door. He was meeting Professor Snape in ten minutes and he had just enough time to drop off his books if he hurried. A voice called to him in the hallway.

"Portcullis! Good luck at the trial!"

Harry waved back at whoever it was and hurried on. He dropped his books off and practically ran to Professor Snape's office.

"Just on time, Potter," Professor Snape's voice drawled. "Let's go. We will be travelling by Floo. It is unpleasant the first time. You must say your destination clearly and with purpose. Repeat after me. Ministry of Magic Atrium."

"Ministry of Magic Atrium."

"Good. Do not stutter when you say it, or you will be tossed out who knows where. My fireplace is a bit too small for both of us or I would go with you, so I will have you go first. Say the address one more time."

"Ministry of Magic Atrium."

"Good. In you go." With that, Professor Snape unceremoniously handed him a handful of powder and told him to toss it down as he said the address. Harry did as told and felt himself spinning in place, unable to see where he was going. He fell out of a fireplace in an unfamiliar place, with a fountain in the middle of the room. There was a crowd of people and he quickly scrambled up and to the side. He wondered which of the multiple fireplaces Professor Snape would be coming out of. His question was answered a moment later as the professor's smooth stride walked out of a fireplace across from him. Harry hurried over to him, barely brushing anyone around him with the skill that could only come from walking through crowds many times. Professor Snape didn't seem surprised when Harry practically appeared beside him, simply striding quickly towards an elevator.