Names are relative

The rest of the break passed quickly, and before long Harry and his friends found themselves back on the train back to Hogwarts. Draco was just finishing his tale of the Quidditch match his parents had taken him to during the last few days. The Cannons had lost epically, much to Ron's dismay and Draco's amusement.

"Mum just sent me to deal with the ghoul when Lockhart's way of dealing with him didn't work. According to Mum, you can get rid of a ghoul with a tea strainer and some honey, or something like that. Luckily, Harold is easily appeased and likes to just have chains to clank around. I asked Charlie to put a special silencing charm on the chains so only Harold can hear them."

"Your ghoul is named Harold?" Hermione asked incredulously. At that moment, the door burst open and the twins waltzed in.

"We couldn't help..."

"But overhear..."

"Our dear little Ronniekins..."

"Talking about our favorite ancestor..."

"Harold." The twins spoke in turns as they usually did and finished together.

"Fred, George," Harry greeted them, nodding at them in turn and grabbing Hermione's book for maximum 'not paying attention' vibes.

The twins exchanged a look before sitting on either side of Harry, gently pushing Draco out of the way as they did, much to the blonde's displeasure. "Harrikins!"

"Our dearest friend,"

"How is it you knew..."

"Which witch of us..."

"Was which witch?"

Harry answered without looking up from the book. "Fred has more freckles on his nose." Then he actually started reading. It was a book on the Animagus transformation and it was fascinating.

The twins gaped for a moment, then fell dramatically on his shoulders weeping and sobbing. "Gred!"

"Forge!"

"Someone can..."

"Tell us..."

"Apart!"

Harry rolled his eyes, then gave the book back to Hermione. "Where'd you find this book?"

"Oh! My parents took me to a museum and there was a magical section with a gift shop! I found the book there. It was fascinating to see the portraits of all those historical people getting into fights with their enemies and having fun with their children and families!"

Harry smiled at her enthusiasm and Ron's rolling eyes and asked, "Can I borrow this book when you're finished? It looks like a fascinating read!"

Hermione practically gushed at her excitement of finding something that Harry would enjoy reading and Neville shared the remainder of his break next.

"Gran took me to a Herbology convention. There were so many amazing plants and the professionals were all willing to answer questions!" He continued on for several minutes, clearly excited, and Harry grinned, happy that his friend had had a good time.

"What about you, Harrikins?" George asked.

"What did you do..."

"Over break?"

"Sirius wrote a bunch of letters to some guy named Moony. I didn't get a chance to ask who he was, but he seemed to be responding regularly. The way Padfoot always got excited when he got a letter from him makes me think they were either really good friends before Siri got arrested or they were dating."

"Padfoot?" Came the question from Fred.

"Moony?" Came from George.

"As in Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs?"

Harry jerked his head to either side to look at them. "How do you know those names?"

Fred and George shared a look. "Well, dear Harrikins,"

"We have something that belongs to them."

"A token, really,"

"Barely more than a piece of parchment."

"You have their map!" Harry exclaimed. "Siri told me about it! He was always pissed at Wormtail for losing it. Can I see it?"

"Of course,"

"Harrikins!"

"We'd be honored..."

"To let the godson..."

"Of the great..."

"And wonderful..."

"Padfoot..."

"Have the map."

Harry took the parchment almost reverently. Before the twins could show him how to activate the map, Harry had pulled out his wand. "I solemnly swear my father Prongs was up to no good." The twins gaped at him, but he just gestured towards the map. Letters began scrolling across the page.

'I have a kid? What's your name? Did I give this to you? Tell me about yourself!'

Harry laughed. "Yes, you have a kid. My name's Harry. Some friends of mine gave me the map after nicking it from Filch."

'If you're my son, then I have to ask. Is Padfoot your godfather like I promised? We made a pact, the four of us. Moony couldn't legally be a godfather, but that's ok cause he was always in love with Padfoot. So we promised that my first kid would have Paddy for a godfather, Wormy's first kid would have me for a godfather, and if Moony and Paddy ever had kids Wormy would be their godfather.'

"Yes, Padfoot is my godfather. I'll have to ask him the story behind that decision. Were you all drunk?"

'No, we were eleven and had decided we were going to be best friends forever.' There was a pause, then, 'We're out of time, kiddo. It was nice meeting you. Be safe and enjoy The Marauders' Map.'

With that, the parchment went blank for a second, then expanded into a map of Hogwarts. Draco shoved George aside and sat next to Harry as he smiled sadly. The blond wrapped an arm around his friend and pulled him close.

"Thanks, Dray. I'm glad I got to talk to Dad, even if he was fifteen when he made this, but it's still sad to know that I'm never going to remember his voice."

Hermione shoved Fred over and grabbed Harry in a tight hug. "Oh, Harry. I'm sorry. No one should have to not remember their parents' voices. Maybe there's something that Siri has that has their voices recorded?" Harry brightened at that.

"Yeah! I can ask him in my letter tonight. I'm also teasing him about how apparently he and Moony have been together since they were fifteen at least." His eyes glinted with mischief as he spoke.

"Oh! Harrikins!"

"Before we forget..."

"We have something..."

"For you!" George pulled his hands from behind his back and presented the younger boy with a set of chains that were clearly decorations for Halloween or something. Ron and Draco started laughing, and Neville barely contained a snort. Hermione just sniffed disapprovingly, but Harry could tell she was fighting a smile.

"You,"

"Much like our dear ancestor,"

"Have a name that could be Harold."

"So, in honor of your name,"

"We,"

"Gred,"

"And Forge,"

"Gift these to you."

"Use them well,"

"Mr. Prongs."

Harry laughed and accepted the chains. They rattled and clanked as he held them, and he found himself mildly fascinated with the sound. He shrugged it off and listened to his friends chatter until the train arrived at Hogwarts.