A name is a name until its not

Professor Sprout froze and Harry would have laughed if he wasn't still mildly terrified that there was a three headed dog in the school.

She opened her mouth, then closed it. Then she began stuttering. "Well, you see, yes, uh, well..."

Harry cut her off, "If you can't say, just say so, Professor. I know about the dog, and I know that I'm going to avoid it now, but the rest of the kids don't know there's a Cerberus here and they might get eaten by it or something."

Professor Sprout sighed in relief. "The other students won't get eaten by Fluffy. There's charms on the hallway to keep students away unless they're with a professor."

Harry nodded. That explained why he was able to get to the door, since he was following Professor Quirrel. But then he thought of a question. "What if a professor kidnaps a student and feeds them to Fluffy?"

"I doubt any professors would kidnap a child," Professor Sprout responded.

Harry nodded slowly. He knew this was as much information as he would get out of Professor Sprout so he said his goodbyes and left to go find Ron.

Ron found him first. "Harry! Over here! Did you see Sirius?"

Harry ran over to his friend. "Yeah I saw him. I showed him the ring Draco sent and told him how we all had one and he called Mrs. Malfoy 'Narci'. I can't believe she likes that name. I'll have to ask Dray when he gets back."

Ron snorted, then they made their way to Les Amis' classroom, talking about inconsequential things while they went.

"Ron, I need to tell you and the rest of the group some things, but I want to tell it all at once, so it's going to have to wait until the end of break. Sorry I can't tell you sooner, but I want you to know that I have things to say so you don't think I'm just keeping secrets from you when I tell you what happened."

"Can I try to guess?"

"I can give you one hint about one of them, and no hints about the others."

"Deal."

"It's something Sirius told me about."

"That could be anything!" Ron complained.

Harry laughed. I told you I could give a clue, not that it would be useful."

With that they burst into more laughter and began walking to the Great Hall for dinner.

The end of break finally arrived and the first chance they all had free time, which unfortunately wasn't until Friday, Harry twisted the gem on his ring, watching it flash with a silvery light for a moment. He then headed to the classroom to wait for the other four to come.

When they arrived, Harry began. "I have three things to tell you. The first is that I got an invisibility cloak for Christmas, and the sender said it was my father's. Don't invisibility cloaks decay as they age? I already tested this one, and it definitely still works."

Draco frowned. "Yes. Usually an invisibility cloak would begin to lose its ability to hide people over time. If your father owned it, it would have lost its potency by now."

Hermione looked extremely curious. "Do you have it with you? Maybe we can find something out about it.

Harry nodded and pulled the shimmery cloth out of his bag. He handed it to Hermione, who began looking over it carefully.

"What's this?" she asked suddenly. "It looks like a symbol of some sort."

She handed the cloak back to Harry to show him and he frowned. "I'm Muggle raised too, Owlet. I don't know what this is." He put the cloak away and pulled out a sheet of parchment. He drew the symbol that Hermione had seen and showed it to the other three. It was a line intersecting a circle inside a triangle.