What the hell are these clothes' names

AN: A second chapter in a month, what a surprise! And it's even over 2k words! What a shock!

There is brief mention of a Hindu holiday, so if that is likely to make you uncomfortable for any reason, read my end note for more information. I am not Hindu myself, so if I did anything wrong I would like to know so I can fix it or change the holiday to Christmas or Yule. The holiday is literally only mentioned, and not expanded upon at all, except that gifts are included.

Distributor Note: the name was inspired by us struggling to find the proper name for Harry's dress robes, as neither of us are Indian or know jack about shit when it comes to Indian culture. I'll try and include pictures, but if I'm unsuccessful Echa has descriptions, and honestly I'd put it in anyway bc sometimes wattpad hates pictures

About three weeks before the Yule Ball, Luna floated up to Harry with a smile on her face. "Daddy has found the perfect robes for me. They will match yours perfectly!" Then, before Harry could call her back to say he didn't have robes yet, how did she know hers would match, what color were they so he could match her, she danced away, humming some song Harry had never heard.

Harry grimaced as she disappeared around a corner. He had completely forgotten about that little note at the end of the Hogwarts letter this summer. So, he turned towards the Slytherin dorms, where Draco would be--. No. He couldn't go to Draco. They had to maintain their cover. So he sighed and turned to the library. Hermione would be able to help him.

As expected, he found his Ravenclaw friend in the library. Unexpectedly, she was with a friend. That was good. Hermione needed more friends outside of Les Amis. If she was making friends in her House that was only for the better. He grinned before flopping down into the seat next to her, careful not to touch the table until his friend had acknowledged him.

The other girl at the table noticed him first, and nudged Hermione. "Hermione. برتن  is here to see you."

Harry cocked his head at the strange language. He wondered what it was and what, who he was guessing was the Ravenclaw Patil twin, had called him, but Hermione looked up before he could ask. "Oh. Harry. What do you need?"

"Dress robes. Luna says she's found the perfect match for mine for herself, but I don't have any. 'Mione, the ball is in three weeks! How could I have forgotten dress robes?"

Hermione rolled her eyes fondly. "I told you to get some over the summer. Of course you didn't. I bet Ron doesn't have any idea what he's wearing either."

"'Mioneeeee," Harry whined.

"Yes, yes, one moment. You'd think you've never heard of owl order." At this Patil looked up, alarmed.

"You can't buy dress robes over owl order! How will you know they fit right? No, no." With a quick shake of her head, Patil reached her hand out towards Harry, who took it hesitantly. "I'm Padma. If you don't mind, I'd like to help you. How do you feel about modern Indian clothing?"

Harry grinned and shook her hand. "I'm Harry. I have had absolutely no thoughts about clothing in my life ever, so if you have some way to help I would be grateful."

"Give me two weeks. My grandmother is a weaver and she would absolutely love to make something for you. Call it a Pancha Ganapati gift from the Patil family."

And, for the second time, before he could ask any of the questions on his mind, such as what Pancha Ganapati was, what she had called him earlier, or why she wanted to help, she disappeared up towards the Gryffindor tower. Harry blinked. Wasn't she a Ravenclaw?

Hermione saw his blink and laughed. "Her sister is in Gryffindor, don't you remember? Now sit down, I need your help with this Defense homework."

*****************