kehlani-lauryn

the titles to these imagines always have something to do with the story but it's unexpected or not the main part. i want it to be interesting and you not really knowing what you're getting. cause i hate when i'm reading something and the title or tags spoils it. like for example it says something like "blah blah-finding out i'm pregnant." well now thanks the suspension and cliffhanger doesn't work now.

——

amara's pov

i was bored out of my mind today, and it's nothing to do.

"ooh, i should get on omegle." i mumbled to myself. i made sure i had my vpn on, cause it's some weirdos on here.

i didn't really care about getting dolled up, because of course it was just omegle, but i did atleast make sure i looked good. could run into anybody on here.

i connected to the first person, "hey." i kept it short and sweet. they didn't talk, i guess they were one of the people who typed.

'can i see your boobs?' they typed, staring at the camera.

"sure."i said, i saw them smile. i lifted my hoodie to reveal another shirt, skipping them. "the fuck. gotta give me money for that."

"okay, that's a dick." my eyes widened, they had already skipped me. people always do that, show their little dicks and immediately skip.

i connected to the next person, it was a girl this time.

"hey."i smiled.

she smiled back, "hi, what's your name."

"mara." i told her my nickname instead of my real name. "what's yours."

"kehlani."

"thats very pretty, i like your tattoos." i referred to her many exposed tats. i gasped, "is that a lauryn hill tattoo. i love her!" i lifted my hoodie to show the exact tattoo of lauryn on my back. It was a reference to her iconic album picture "the miseducation of lauryn hill."

"no way!" she squealed, "what's your favorite song by her?"

"i have a lot but top three, in no particular order, i would say doo wop, i gotta find peace of mind, or ready or not. i also really like her performance of joyful joyful on sister act. girl, i'm obsessed." i laughed at the end.

we talked for a few more minutes about lauryn and other artists.

"that's how i found out i liked girls, i had the biggest crush on lauryn and apparently that wasn't normal." i said, but then quickly regretted it. the world, and especially this site was full of homophobes. but even though she seemed cool, if she was a homophone the new blossoming friendship had no value anyway. i prepared for her to skip and maybe throw a few slurs in just for fun.

"we really do have a lot in common, huh?" i guess she realized the look of worry on my face, "don't worry, i like coochie too." she said in this fake deep voice. i busted out laughing at her silliness.

a weight lifted off my shoulders.

——

"alright, so what do you like to do in your free time?." i asked her.we had been talking for a long time at this point, just moving freely from topic to topic. "actually,  my computer likes to mess up at the worst moments and i would never forgive myself. so, can you give me your number, or i know some people don't feel comfortable with that, so your socials or something?". i asked her.

my laptop was trash basically and it always stopped working, so i needed to make sure we had a way of communicating.

"its fine,." she typed her number into the chat. "move to facetime?" she asked.

"yeah, sure." i quickly entered her humber into my phone, texting a heart to it.

"got it." she replied back before we got off the site.

——

picking up right where we left off, she answered my previous question. "i like to write stories and songs."

"you sing too?" i asked hopefully.

"a little bit." she answered, clearly not to confident on it. i didn't want to push it and ask her to sing when we just met and she didn't look to happy. but eventually. she had to be good because just when she was speaking her tone , control and breathing was all in line. plus, it was always the ones who were shy on their skills who were the best.

this is before her rise to fame , so it's not like she just doesn't know who she is.

i decided to shift the convo, "a california area code?" i asked, before she nodded.

"yep." she paused to google my area code, "kansas? ooh, that's kind of far. not too bad."

"why you sound so let down?" i questioned.

"i'm going to get you flown out one day." we looked at each other at the same time dramatically as i blushed.

i knew she didn't mean anytime soon but our connection was already obvious.

"i'll be waiting."

——

hope you enjoyed.