lonzo ball-gifts

short, cute story. ignore mistakes

vote, comment and enjoy

——

y/n's pov

my music was brought to an abrupt end when a facetime call came ringing in. i put my bowl down on one counter, going to the other one where my phone was.

it was zo, my boyfriend. he was currently away and had been away for quite some time due to basketball related stuff. he wasn't coming back for another week or so, he was supposed to already be back a few days ago but it got pushed back for whatever reason.

i answered, the click of my acrylic seemingly much louder that my house was so quiet besides the low tv, "hey baby!" i greeted in an excited tone.

"hey ma, what you up to?"

"nothing really, i just got in from ripping and running all around trying to get stuff, now i'm making some food. what you doing?"

"nothing either, sitting in this hotel room ,just ready to go home."

"i'm ready for you to come home too, i miss you." i pouted, of course i really did miss him. it was so boring without him. "but i'm about to pass a little time cooking."

cooking was my favorite thing to do , i've always liked it.

"girl , you better chill with  that food talk. your food is good and i'm mad i can't have none." he joked, "what are you making?"

"you don't have to worry about that, you know when you get home i'll make you whatever you want."

"you don't have to make nothing, just make sure you're ready because i'll be eating you." he smirked in the camera.

"LONZO! that's not this type of facetime." i laughed at him.

"okay, okay you got me."

"anyway, im making some baked cod. probably with a toss salad and rice or something on the side. i wanted to make a dessert but i don't know about all that just yet." i answered his initial question.

"sounds good , as always. you know valentine's day right around the corner, what do you want."

"i don't know." it was the same thing i always said when he asked what i wanted. "you always get it right. to be honest, after you being gone so long i just want you and i'll be fine."

"OH but i have to stop though! iTs NoT tHaT tYpE oF fAcEtImE." he mocked me.

"one , i don't sound like that. two, i meant it innocently." i defended.

zo looked at me skeptically in the camera.

"okay , i meant it half way innocently." i admitted .

"i might take you up on that and get you nothing but my love and affecting because why is my gift on the floor?" he flipped the camera to the boots he bought me for Christmas. they , along with my other shoes were usually on a stand on display.

"LONZO HOW ARE YOU IN MY CLOSET?!" i picked up my phone, running up the stairs.

he finally moved the camera back from all up in his face, showing his surroundings which were in my closet.

when i got up to my room, i swung the door open of my closet and there he was, standing there.

i jumped on him, dropping my phone on the floor, luckily only from a few inches off the ground.

"what are you doing here? how did you get in here? how didn't i know?" i asked , still in shock.

"the schedule was changing and i finally got to leave. i know you go to errands the same time every week, so i just came home in that time frame and hid in here." he answers.

"you always got to be extra."

"you love it, now what's all that you was talking a few minutes ago?"

"oh you really want to know?"

"i wanna know, girl."

——

thanks for reading 🤍 hope you enjoyed