method man- corner store

request !

the timelines are just for the story. they don't really add up to his real age or when he would have graduated. don't think too much into it .

excuse mistakes

hope you enjoy. interact with this chapter

——

trinity's pov , 1994.

"so i was like 'why do you have to be so difficult! i barely even ask for anything.' " chantelle, my best friend since she moved here in middle school, was currently telling me about this morning when she had to basically beg her older brother to take her to school because her car decided not to work that morning.

i always got dropped off by my mom, and she would still be at work buy the time school let out.

we usually drove home together in her car, too. but obviously, that was a bust today.

luckily, she had already made sure he would come to pick us up afterwards.

"so, what's been up with you and ole dude?"i asked her about some dude she met at a kickback. she seemed to really like him. 

"oh yeah, benji. i like him, but i don't think i could ever be in a relationship with him. i like where we are now . no strings. maybe it'll change in the future, though."

"i hear you." i nodded.

"you messing with anybody?" chantelle always asked this but i couldn't even be mad, not like i always didn't ask her the same thing. "or you looking?"

"nah, i'm not messing with nobody. i do got my eye on somebody, though."

she gasped over exaggerating , "whooo ?"

"girl, i gotta make sure it works out before i start bragging." made that mistake one too many times .

the honk of her brothers car saved me from the pending conversation i knew she would still bother me.

"i call shotgun!" chantelle announced jogging to the passengers side .

i smacked my teeth getting in the backseat .

"hey, cliff!" i said when i got in the car.

"what's good." he stuck a peace sign up at me .

"thanks for picking us up, ugly." chantelle 'thanked' him, i guess

"like you have any room to talk." he side eyed her. it was everyday with them .

i shook my head at them, buckling my seat belt.

"okay, ms. safety first." cliff turned to me.

"what do i got to do with y'all?" i waved him off, "only you would make fun of somebody for not wanting to die."

"just drive." chantelle chuckled

——

we all lived in the same neighborhood, a few houses down from each other. but most days we stayed at one or the other houses after school for a little while before walking down the street home.

cliff got out the car first, going to check the mail. i was about to get out too but chantelle grabbed my arm.  

"can you cover for me? i wanna go to benji's house but i know cliff's overprotective ass won't let me."