ryan rollins- apple watch

sb asked me to write abt him forever ago and ofc i didn't do it 😍😍 love to see it

short one but i think it's cute. wrote this in like 10 mins 😭

enjoy, ignore mistakes

——

ashanti's pov

ryan's warm body laid under me, bringing nothing but ease comfort to me. my eyes were becoming extremely heavy and i was just about to fall asleep at any second. i had been fighting my sleep for the past ten minutes, if i'm being honest.

i was notorious for falling asleep all the time and never being able to make it through our movie-self care days. how can you blame me though? anybody would fall asleep with a warm 6'3 mass right up under them 24/7. it feels like when you take warm laundry out the dryer and plop down on it on your bed.

"awww, ashanti can't hang once again." he just sucked his teeth and shook his head, rubbing my back, trying to get me to fall asleep even more than i already was.

"who can't?" i sat up, almost offended, like what he was saying wasn't 100% true. i rubbed my eyes as if it would activate some new energy within me somehow.

ryan just repeated his previous statement, standing his ground. "ashanti."

"mannnn." i stood up to go get some fruit to get some sugar in my system. hopefully that would get me to stay up. i told myself i wouldn't go to sleep today since ryan just always let me sleep instead of waking me up to spend time with him, just like we both wanted. if we weren't doing something active, i was guaranteed to fall asleep.

"it's okay, just go to sleep." he beckoned and waved for me to come back and lay on his chest when i came back to the living room. i shook my head because laying on him would only make me sleepy again. he's a walking melatonin pill. boyfriend air is something serious.

"i don't want to, we barely have time together." i explained. this is the first time in about 2 weeks where we have had time to spend together, just me and him. a time to repair the strain we always went through due to the stress of being away from our other half for such an extended time.

"it's okay, we have all tommorow too, trust me." he reasoned with me, knowing i was sleepy.

"that's not enough," i groaned. "i want to live in your pocket or something." he laughed but i was dead serious.

i took the remote from the coffee table, switching it to an upbeat cartoon that could actually hold my attention, since i was a little kid at heart. the boring movie was not aiding me in staying up, i was so deep in boredom it was crazy.

about 10 minutes passed, and i gained a bit more energy. eventually, i warmed up the courage to lay back down next to my longtime boyfriend.

now, we were engaged in deep conversation, talking about any and everything in the world. after all this time it truly surprises me how we never run out of things to talk about. he was truly my perfect match. things never got boring, except for 20 minutes ago with that lame movie.

"so you mean to tell me that if you could be any animal you would choose to be a giraffe?" i questioned him, turning my face up. he already might as well be one.

"yeah, you said you would be a turtle or a tortoise." he leaned back, offended that i questioned his choice. obviously he felt that his pick was 500x better than mine.

"becauseeee," i drug out the word, "they just be chilling, they don't have that many predators, they have good protection with the shells, AND they live a long time. i want to be one of those big ones from the islands that be eating watermelon, though." i explained , in all seriousness. clearly, his question just caused some deep thought out of me.

"well, stop judging me because i want to be a giraffe because who about to fight a giraffe? what if i want to use my purple tongue and eat all the leaves?" he explained like this was the most common-sense thing known to man. "if i'm being completely honest, why can't i stay a human?"

"that's not apart of the hypothetical question."

"i asked the question, but anyway, would you still be my girlfriend if i was a giraffe?"

"if you turned into one right now, yes. if you had always been one, no. that'd be pretty weird to date giraffe. and i wouldn't kiss you anymore that would get weird too." i nodded after a few seconds of thought.

"that's fair" he said, rubbing down my back, soothing me once again. "i can't live in a world without my baby." how did we turn this hypothetical completely unserious question into a sappy moment.

"oooo" i cupped his face, pecking his soft, pink lips, cooing at his corniness.

"another one." he said in a low voice with his eyes closed. i obliged, giving him another short kiss, but slightly longer.

"one more." this time, i gave him a real, lasting kiss, even slipping a little tongue in. i sucked on his bottom lip, deciding to tease him by slightly grinding my lower half on his.

i felt and heard a buzzing, vibrating noise and feeling behind my head and i pushed away from ryan, a confused expression washing over my face. "what's that?" i asked, quickly realizing it was just his apple watch without him having to answer. i completely forgot he had that one, honestly. he just uses it for decoration at this point.

he just sighed, taking off his watch , "that always happens."

"what always happens?"

"my heart rate sped up." he shook his head, ignoring the health notification his watch was snowing  him. his watch was letting him know that his heart was beating abnormally fast. "you still make me nervous." he explained.

"awww." even after almost 6 years of being together, and 2 additional ones of denying our feelings for each other, it made me feel good inside that i still made him nervous when we kissed. we had been practically one unit since we were teens. i promise i wasn't trying to taunt him, though. truthfully, the same thing happens to me, or any person for that matter, when their partner flirts with them, i just didn't have my apple watch on to expose me.

ryan quickly stood up, trying to hide his smile. "hushhh" he stood in the corner of the room, acting like he was going to leave . "are you bullying me?" he asked, his voice getting higher and i just laughed.

i came up behind him, hugging him and laying my head on his back. "nooo." i buried my face in the crease of his back. "let me stop before i give you a heart attack." i backed up from him.

he whipped his head around, looking down at me. "you think you're so funny,huh? funny, funny?"

"i think it's pretty funny!" i held my hands up innocently. i was just being honest. i thought it was more cute than funny, but i couldn't let him know that in this moment.  i needed to leverage this one thing and milk it until i couldn't milk it anymore.

he retaliated saying, "i can make you lose your breath though." he looked down at me, becoming serious out of nowhere.

"oh really?" i looked up at him, catching his drift. it was crazy how we could just switch moods in a split second and both be on board. "you're going to HAVE to show me." i said, putting emphasis on 'have', since all these words meant absolutely nothing to me.

"turn around."

——

i got y'all with a longer imagine trustttt

vote, comment

imma get my update schedule right too

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐦 ❀ 𝙢𝙪𝙡𝙩𝙞 𝙞𝙢𝙖𝙜𝙞𝙣𝙚𝙨 🎉