Chapter 32: IT'S NOT OKAY BUT THAT'S OKAY

JENNIE'S POV
Who knew dating would be this hard? I wanted a quiet life, as I said to Taehyung in the past. A life where I can go and be myself without having to worry about others, but I guess I've ruined that ever since I decided to become a singer. Who knew that my dream would ruin my other dream?

I genuinely love Taehyung, but sometimes I feel like I can't ever be normal again. It's impossible now. Even if I want to be a little ordinary, that means telling the truth. The truth will ruin everything. People will be heartbroken and feel betrayed; some will feel like they've been let down. God, I hate that. I hate disappointing people the most.

I don't know who I am anymore. All my life, I've tried my best. Sometimes my best is deemed lazy, and sometimes it's considered overly confident.

"Jennie."

I'm in Taehyung's apartment. I've been spending a lot of time with him at his apartment. My manager and our companies know that we're dating each other, but we decided not to go public.

"You okay, Jen?"

Tae looks at me, worried. I'm sitting on his living room windowsill while contemplating life.

"I'm fine. Just thinking."

"About what?"

"Life," I smile a little at him.

He walks toward me and nudges me to move forward a little so he can sit behind me while I lay on him.

"How's life then? I hope it's good because I'm part of it now."

Of course, he's going to make me feel better, always trying to make me feel better and pulling me from my dark thoughts.

Who knew I had so many dark thoughts? Who knew I needed to be saved from them?

I hold his hand and interlace our fingers.

"Life's great. Life's also complicated, don't you think?"

"Always. That's why we have each other."

Tae grabs my hand and kisses it.

"Do you think everything will be okay?"

"I think if we aim for things to be okay, then it will be okay. We can't forget that it won't always be okay, though. Sometimes things are just not okay, and I don't know if this makes sense, but I guess even if things aren't okay, that's okay too?"

I laugh at his logic.

"I don't know why, but that makes sense, I guess."

"I'm sorry we can't just go on a date like normal couples?"

Tae is the only person who knows my true feelings and thoughts, even without me stating them out loud. Of course, he knew what I was thinking about. He always does.

I'm so lucky to have him.

"Why don't we order some food and invite the guys over, and you can invite the girls over too? We can finally play What Do You Meme."

"Good idea!"

After texting our group members, we decided to prepare for our little get-together. It's rare when we're all together, but when we are, it's always a great time!

"Should we get pizza or chicken?"

"Both!" I told Tae. I'm sure Chae's going to want both. "Can you also order tteokbokki?"

"Okay, what else?"

"I think that's fine. I told the girls to bring some chips too, so I think we're good."

"Great, cuz I told the guys to bring drinks."

After an hour of waiting, we hear the doorbell ring. Taehyung walked to the front and opened the door, knowing it was the guys. They were so loud outside before even ringing the doorbell.

"Wassup, man! Wassup!" I roll my eyes at Jungkook. He loves to greet his hyungs like that.

"Ayy wassup bro!" Of course, Taehyung does the same thing, and they all bro hug each other.

They all walk inside together and look around the room. I know exactly what they're thinking. Where's BLACKPINK?

"Where's BLACKPINK?" Jimin says it first.

"They're on their way," I reply.

They beam, excited to see the girls.

The food arrived, and the boys and I arranged the food and drinks. The boys also turned on the TV and put on karaoke. They're singing like they're not singers, making me laugh. I wish the girls were here right now to see this. It's so hilarious.

I suddenly hear the doorbell ring. I knew the girls finally made it.

I open the door.

"JENNIE UNNIE!!!!!!" Rosé and Lisa screams

"Yah! Calm down, ladies," Jisoo unnie says.

"Come in, you guys!" I tell them.

"Wow, it sounds like there's a dying cat in here," Jisoo unnie says.

We all laugh. The boys heard Jisoo's comment and tried to defend themselves while laughing. They know Jisoo unnie is right.

"Let's do duets!" J-Hope said.

"Yea! Let's go!" Jungkook agrees.

It's moments like these that I treasure the most. I hope we can all stay like this forever.