CHAPTER 6: OTTOKE!

JENNIE'S POV
Tonight we plan to just practice some more for tomorrow's live performance. It will be our second live performance of DDU-DU DDU-DU and Forever Young.

We practiced all night, and now I'm so tired that all I want to do is sleep. Of course, Jisoo and Rose have other plans.

"Let's get ice cream, chips, and sodas!" Jisoo unnie says.

"Yes! Late night snack time!" Rosie agrees with Jisoo.

"Who wants to go get snacks?" Lisa asks.

I'm honestly exhausted, but I feel like I need fresh air too.

"I'll go! But someone else should come with me," I stated.

"Of course! I will go with Jenjen unnie cuz we're the snacks team!" Rosie laughs.

We started walking towards the convenience store, and then Rosé asked, "Jennie, do you think those guys will be there again?"

I almost forgot about those guys.

"I don't know. Maybe? But it's already 9 pm, and I feel like it's pretty late. Plus, they could've been from another town or something. It's hard to say," I replied.

"Unnie, honestly, I haven't been able to stop thinking about that guy."

"What? Seriously? Why?"

"I don't know. Maybe because he was so annoying one second and the next, he was sweet and nice and gave me my chips. Technically he just bought my favorite chips for me," Rosé says.

"Well, don't overthink about that guy. He's just a stranger, you know. We probably won't ever see him again. I think you just can't stop thinking about him because he gave you free food," I tease Rosé.

Rosé punches me lightly on the shoulder. I just laugh at her because I know that the way to Rosé's heart is through her stomach.

"Rosé, honestly, I think I know how you feel," I sighed.

"What do you mean, unnie?"

"I also can't stop thinking about that stranger. I didn't tell you last week, but I'm pretty sure he saw us walking out of the building and in the van with our masks off. I think he knows who we are. He knows who I am. I made eye contact with him, and I could see it in his eyes that he knew me," I admitted to Rosé.

"Ottoke? Do you think he's a stalker? Saesang?"

"Ani, I don't think so. I didn't get that feeling from him."

"Maybe it's just coincidence then?" Rose asks.

"Maybe it is."

I can't help but wonder about this coincidence. I know it's also not a big deal, but I can't believe that the guy I was arguing with ended up finding out who I am behind my mask.

"Uhh, unnie? Do you believe in fate?" Rosé suddenly asks.

"Huh? What are you talking about?"

"Well, I'm not sure if this is fate or coincidence, but look ahead of you."

I knew we were close to the convenience store, but I wasn't really paying attention to our surroundings. So when Rosé told me to look ahead, I couldn't help but look shocked.

He's here. The other guy, too, and they brought friends.

"Ottoke. They're here again. Rosé, what do we do? Do we just ignore them and pass by them?"

"Ani! That would be rude, wouldn't it? And you said the other guy saw you last time. I wouldn't want people to think that BLACKPINK is rude! Ottoke. Unnie, I also don't really know what to do. Should we just go back?"

"Maybe that's a better idea! We should just go back! We'll just tell Lisa and Jisoo that they didn't have any good snacks right now," I suggest to Rosé.

She nods her head, and as soon as we are about to turn our bodies to walk in the other direction, one of them notices us.

Both Rosé and I knew that we couldn't go back now. It would be way too awkward to just go back and walk away suddenly. I was so distracted by my thoughts that I didn't realize he was getting closer to Rosé and me.

"Annyeong," he waves at us.

"Uhhh, annyeong," Rosé replies with a bow. I also decided to bow back out of politeness.

The guy also bowed to us, and I could tell he was smiling behind his mask.

"I'm sorry if I startled you guys," he says.

We didn't know what to reply, so he continued asking, "Are you guys here for more ice cream? Miss Milk, are you planning on arguing with someone again for a vanilla milkshake?"

"Ani! I mean, we are here for more ice cream and other snacks, but I don't 'plan' on arguing with other people," I said, looking away from him.

I heard him chuckle and say "kyeopta" under his breath. He said it so low that Rosé didn't even hear.

"Uuuum... Is it okay if unnie and I go inside now? We have our friends waiting for us," Rose quietly asks the guy.

"Of course! I'm sorry. I'm probably in your way, and so are my friends," He says while looking at his friends from the convenience store. "We actually plan on going inside too."

I decided to grab Rosé's hand and walk toward the convenience store. The guys looked at us like they knew I was Jennie Kim, and the one next to me was Rosé.

"Jennie."

I think I just heard him say my name.

Shoot. I don't know if I should turn around or just continue walking. It's already awkward enough that Rosé and I stopped when we heard him say my name.

"Kim Jennie and I think Park Chaeyoung, right?" He continues.

"Ya! Taehyung! What do you think you're doing? Don't say their names out loud!" I heard one of the guys say.

We turned around, and the guys started arguing, and I swear they all sounded so familiar. Have we met them before? And did he just call him Taehyung?

They continued to argue until Rosé yelled, "OMO! BTS!"

I look at her like she's crazy. BTS?

I looked at the guys in front of us, and they all froze.

"No. No way. Chae, that's crazy. BTS members are NOT here," I said in English to her.

Rosé continued staring at them, and the guys kept staring at us.

I continued and pointed at them, "Listen! You're NOT BTS! Can we go get our ice cream now?"

Next thing you know, Mr. Stranger started to take his mask off and walked toward me.

"Annyeong, Kim Jennie. Kim Taehyung-imnida," He says to me with his hand in front of me, waiting for me to shake it.

I stared at him, shocked. This can't be. Kim Taehyung from BTS is in front of me, waiting for me to shake his hand. Not only that, but I'm 99% sure that the other six guys are the rest of the BTS members.

Rosé moves in front of me and shakes his hand instead.

"Excuse my unnie. I'm pretty sure she's just really shocked right now. Annyeong Kim Taehyung sunbae,  Rosé-imnida! And annyeong Bangtan sunbaes," Rosé introduces herself and waves at the other guys.

What the heck is going on?