CHAPTER 25: CHICKEN

TAEHYUNG'S POV
I struggled to see Jennie so sad and upset. She looks like she's about to cry. I gave her a hug and told her it's okay and that I'm here now. I held her for a moment and then realized that Mino was still in the room.

Before Mino left he said that he's not a threat, which I end up believing. I didn't get any romantic vibes from Mino and Jennie. Usually you can tell when someone's interested in someone.

Although, when he stated that others are basically after Jennie too, it didn't sit well with me. The more I think about other guys trying to get with Jennie, the more pissed I get. I'm not happy hearing that other idols are attracted to Jennie.

"Oppa, what are you doing here?"

I look at her and notice that she's about to cry.

"Jennie please don't cry. I'm here because I wanted to see you. I'm sorry if I made you upset. I promise not to upset you again." I hold Jennie's face and continue to promise her that everything's okay now. This doesn't stop her from crying though.

She grabs me and hugs me tightly and hides her face on my chest. I couldn't help but feel warmth while holding her this way. I know she's upset and sad but this is the first time Jennie has shown this type of emotion in front of me. She's usually cool and collected. This is a side of Jennie that I can cherish and protect. It's the side of her that I want her to only show ME. No one else. This vulnerable side of her is what makes me like her even more. She's real.

"Oppa! You didn't contact me for two weeks! I hate you!" She sobs louder on my chest.

"Ani, don't say that. You don't hate this oppa, because this oppa is the one that's going to protect you and promise you that he will never intentionally hurt you again," I explained to her while running my fingers through her hair.

"Then why didn't you message me at all?"

"Because I was upset. You kept hanging out with Mino and then I found out that other idols are also interested in you. I took out my anger on you instead of trusting you. By the way, what's this change of heart all of a sudden? I thought you hated me contacting you so much? Did my little Jennie finally fall for Kim Taehyung?"

JENNIE'S POV
He's looking at me all smug like he finally won and I've finally lost.

At this point I don't even know how to deny how I've been feeling, mostly after showing too much emotions in front of him and Mino oppa. I didn't think I'd fall for him or even entertain this idea. I couldn't stop thinking about him when he stopped talking to me. I thought that's what I wanted. I thought that's what I needed.

It turns out I was wrong.

I needed him.

"If I tell you that I'm starting to fall for you will you stop looking at me like that?" I tell him.

Now he's looking at me shocked because of what I just said.

"Jennie, you're serious aren't you? You want to be with me," he said the last part not as a question but more as a statement.

"Yes and no.. I guess."

"What do you mean?"

"I mean that I want to, but you know we can't! It's too risky," I explain to him.

"I know I know, but they don't have to know. We can take things slow. We'll try. Let's try Jennie. Please."

As much as I want this to happen, I know it can't. The timing is wrong and it feels wrong overall. Even though it feels right at the same time. My heart's in this but I know the consequences. I have haters as much as fans, and he probably has double that. It wouldn't be good for our careers if people found out about us. It would wreck us.

"Stop. Stop thinking what you're thinking," Taehyung grabs my face and makes me stare in his eyes. I'm captivated by his stare that I can't look away.

"I know what you're thinking and I know you're thinking about the negative things that can happen to us and why we shouldn't be together. Jennie, I know we can make this work. I understand your concerns. So, if it makes you feel better I'll back off. FOR NOW. We're going to try this no matter what, but trust me I do understand your concerns and that's why I'm going to back off. It doesn't mean I'm going to stop calling you, texting you, and being sweet towards you. It just means I won't bring up being my girlfriend for awhile. I will ask you at the right time when I know that you're ready. BUT you're not allowed to talk to other guys and I will also stay away from other girls. We're not a couple but I know we're on our way there. So we will make this work. You may not be my girlfriend officially but you are exlusively mine," Taehyung exclaims.

He does this to me all the time. He makes me feel overwhelmed to the point where I feel like I need to shut my brain off. I can't think, I can't speak. I could only stare at him.

After a couple of minutes of silence I didn't realize that I said, "Okay".

His words and stare. That's what got to me. That's probably why I just nodded my head and said "okay".

I basically agreed that I am his.

I knew that I shouldn't have said yes, because now I'm seeing a smirk on his face. Aish! Now he's going to be cocky about everything.

Out of nowhere I feel his lips on my forehead and he looks at me once again.

"Ya! Kim Taehyung! Did you just kiss me!?" I can't believe this guy!

"I'm just claiming what's mine."

"You can't do that!"

"Wae? You're mine and I'm yours. You're welcome to kiss me back if you'd like."

This guy cannot be serious! I can't believe he just said that to me.

"Ya! I'm definitely not going to do that, and you know what? YOU can go home! You shouldn't even be here right now."

He completely ignores me and starts walking around the dorm. He takes his jacket off and places it on the couch as he starts to look more relaxed and comfortable.

"Did you have dinner already?" Taehyung oppa asks me.

"No, not yet."

"Let's order some food then."

"No. Go home oppa!"

"You want chicken? I haven't had Korean chicken in awhile. We can have that for dinner."

"Are you deaf? I told you to go home."

"I'll order the chicken on my app."

"OPPA!"

"Ne?"

"You're frustrating you know!"

He just smiles at me and starts using his phone. I'm guessing he's ordering chicken.

"Oppa, you know the girls are going to come home soon. So you really shouldn't be here and acting so comfortable."

"Liar. Rosé already told me they won't be home tonight," he smirks at me again. "I'm planning on staying the night Jennie."

"What do you mean you're planning on staying the night!?"

"Well it's already late and we still haven't had dinner. By the time dinner comes it'll be even later and since the girls already know I'm here and they won't be home, then I might as well stay the night. Don't worry I won't do anything. I'm just going to sleep here. I can sleep on the couch."

He then starts walking towards me and says, "Please. I need this. I need to be close to you. I haven't seen you and talked to you in weeks. I want to stay here and be with you."

Here we go again. My heart. I just can't control it. So of course I just nod at him like a love struck teenager.

This is going to be an interesting night for sure.