CHAPTER 7: SHORTIE

TAEHYUNG'S POV
I just had to say her name to confirm. For some reason, I felt I had to tell her I knew. I also had to let her know who I was. I wanted her to notice me.

"Aish! I guess the secret's out," Namjoon hyung says. "We're sorry for looking like creeps."

"Ani, I should apologize. I'm sure you're shocked to see us here. I saw you last weekend getting inside a van without a mask on. I told my members it was you; we were all just shocked and wanted to take a chance and see if we could see you guys. Um, I know that sounds weird, but we're huge fans of you guys!" I explained to Jennie.

"Wow! We're fans of you guys too!" Rosé exclaimed.

"Really?!? Who's your favorite member?" Jungkook asked Rose.

"Uuuuh... "

"Chaeng, don't answer that!" Jennie said to Rose.

"Why not?" Our maknae asks Jennie.

"Umm, because you guys might get your feelings hurt," Jennie said.

I smirk at Jennie and ask, "Or you just don't want us to ask you the same question?"

From her reaction, it looks like I was right.

"Ani, I just don't think it's right to ask that question when you're all here," she replies.

"Who's your favorite in BTS, Jennie?" I asked her.

"I'm not answering that, and Chaeng and I have to go inside the convenience store to get snacks."

"We'll go with you guys then," I told her.

"No. It was nice meeting you, Taehyung-sunbae, and the rest of the BTS sunbaes. But I don't think we should go inside together. You never know who's following, and I don't want to get in trouble."

I can tell that she's apprehensive. So I tried to ease her worries, "It's okay. We made sure nobody followed us. We also have masks, so I don't think anybody will notice. We also have to go inside and buy snacks too."

"Jennie unnie, I think it's okay if they go inside too," Rosé told Jennie.

Jennie looked like she was debating and probably thinking of the possible consequences. Before she could reply and say "no," I grabbed her arm and said, "Let's go."

I'm sure everyone was shocked by my action, but I didn't want to give her a chance to respond because I'm pretty sure she would've said no. I'm also sure that the members will probably say something to me about this. Whatever they say, I don't really care.

"Ya! What do you think you're doing? Let go of me," Jennie complained when we entered the store.

"Okay, I'll let go of you. But we're also going to buy snacks, BTS will be here, and you and Rosé will be here too. Araso?" I said to her and patted her head.

She's short.

"Hey! I'm not a puppy, so don't pat my head," she replies while pouting. She really is cute. Who knew the charismatic Jennie Kim from BLACKPINK could be so cute and adorable.

"Mian," I said to her.

We noticed Rosé and other guys walking inside. Namjoon hyung grabbed me and pushed me aside, "Taehyung! I don't know what you're up to, but you can't just grab one of the BLACKPINK members like that. Tae, I'm serious. They're under YG and have a dating ban. We may not have a dating ban, but they do, and they've only been in the industry for 2 years. Don't get them in any trouble."

"I don't know what you're talking about. You guys decided to come with Jungkook and me here too," I said while playing dumb.

I looked at Jennie near the freezer. Probably looking for a vanilla milkshake. I ignored Namjoon hyung and walked toward Jennie. I just stood behind her watching her look at the freezer. There were ice creams at the top of the freezer, and she noticed an ice cream that I'm guessing one of her members wanted. She starts to grab it but unfortunately, she can't properly reach the ice cream due to her short height.

I decided to walk forward and grab the ice cream for her.

JENNIE'S POV
I felt someone behind me, and the next thing I knew, I saw a hand grab the ice cream I was trying to hold.

I turned around and saw Kim Taehyung.

"Kamsahamnida," I thanked him.

"You're welcome. Is there anything else you need to grab that you can't reach, Shortie?" He teases me.

I laugh.

"You're not mad at me anymore then, right? Cuz you're laughing," He asks.

"I was never mad sunbae. Just worried," I told him.

"That's good to hear. This might be a sudden request, but please call me oppa or Taehyung-shi. Sunbae is too formal, and I don't want you calling me that."