CHAPTER 23: CALLA LILLY

JENNIE'S POV
It's been about 2 weeks since Taehyung oppa and I talked to each other. He hasn't texted me or called me at all. Since he hasn't been bothering me this gave me a lot of time to think and ponder about our past interactions. I couldn't help but feel like I was probably just someone he used to help pass the time or something. Now I feel like his words were just a lie. Full of lies.

Maybe I'm just saying that because I'm upset. I thought I would be happy about Kim Taehyung not contacting me anymore. I thought maybe I could have some peace and quiet again. I could go back to my old routine and not have to worry about texting someone back or upsetting someone because of who I'm hanging out with. I really thought... I really thought I would be fine without him. I really thought...

That I didn't have feelings for him.

"Jennie-ah, are you ready?"

"Huh?"

"I've been asking you if you're ready. But you've been zoned out for over 10 minutes now. Are you okay?" Mino oppa asked me.

We're in the YG building talking about marketing for his track that he's dropping in 3 weeks. We wanted it to be a complete surprise to our fans so we want to make sure that we release the correct poster. We first want to release small teasers of Mino oppa. Then slowly introduce that there's someone in the track.

I've been busy honestly, and it doesn't help that I zone out a lot lately when we're having these meetings. I feel so bad for Mino oppa. He's working so hard for his album and here I am thinking about Kim Taehyung.

"I'm fine oppa. I'm so sorry that I keep zoning out. I think I just need a nap or something," I tell him.

"Ya.. you think I don't know when you're not okay? You're thinking about someone aren't you? Who is it?"

"I promise I'm not!"

"Yea you are. I know you Kim Jennine."

"Can we please just continue talking about the marketing plan?"

Mino oppa sighs and continues to show me pictures and other ideas. We talked for about half an hour and the rest of the YG marketing team came in and we planned more with them for the next hour or so. It's definitely going to be a long day.

After our meeting Mino oppa wanted to go to lunch. I turned him down because I know he's going to want to talk about why I don't look okay or why I keep zoning out. I really don't want to talk about. Mino oppa and I have been hanging out so much too that people are starting to post about us and even talk about how we're secretly dating. YG had to release a statement that we're not dating and that we're just best friends.

I can already imagine Kim Taehyung upset about news like that. I know he must hate Mino oppa even more. Sometimes I avoid Mino oppa because of Kim Taehyung. He's always on my mind and I know if he hears or receive any news on Mino oppa and I he'll freak out. But... it's been days. He hasn't said anything at all. There's been no contact between us for 2 weeks now and there's no reason for me to continue to feel like I need to avoid Mino oppa.

Gosh! What's wrong with me?

As soon as Mino oppa and I part ways, I decided to go to the mall. Maybe I just need retail therapy? I haven't shopped in awhile so maybe this will make me feel better and will distract me from thinking about Kim Taehyung.

I went inside Chanel and found some nice purses that I can give my mom. I haven't bought my mom anything in awhile too so I should get her something. After Chanel, I went to the store next door which happens to be a Gucci store. Kim Taehyung's favorite brand.

Darn... and I told myself that I wasn't going to think about him at all.

I guess I just can't escape him.