•16•

To The Beginning- Inanimate Mashups

???'s pov:

My so called 'dad' was already waiting for me in his office. As soon I was getting near, the guy who was standing outside the door immediately opened the door for me and gave me a huge smile which I didn't return.

"Oh finally! How have you been, my sweetheart?" the old man who I called dad trashed his half-finished cigarette into the ashtray and rushed over to me to give me a hug, smiling happily. I hugged back awkwardly trying not to start anything as we had just met after so many months.

"I am great as always. How are you dad?" I asked pulling away from his hug as I took a seat in front of him and he went back on his chair. "I'm healthy and fine of course. How is your mother?" he continued. A small frown crept up on my face. "Good. What did you call me here for?" I asked plainly, quickly changing the topic before I lose my shit.

"Ah...straight to the point. You really can be called my daughter. I'm so proud of you." I pretended to smile at his remark, not sure whether it was a compliment or anything else.

He picked up his mobile phone that was lying on his desk and quickly made a call. "Yes. Right Now. Ok." He hung up and looked at me again. "You have gotten prettier! Purple hair really looks so good on you!" he smiled. His whole existence and fake ass behavior was slowly pissing me off, making me wanting him to punch in his face so badly but I had learned to control it over the years.

"Thank you. I must say, you have taken good care of your health too. You don't look even a bit old." I replied, unwillingly. He laughed at my compliment. "Well, I really do take care of my health so...Oh by the way, do you have any active things to take care of?" he suddenly changed the topic.

Ah, knew it. He wanted me to do a mission.

I shook my head gently. "After the training completed, I started working as a photographer and did part time in a coffee shop so yeah. I just did the two missions you gave me, nothing else apart from that." I explained.

"What?? If you and your mom wanted money, you could've just asked me! My daughter doing a part time even though her dad is The Ryan Costra!? Why?" I could see that he was half angry, half surprised. I shrugged, showing that it was the least of my concern.

"Dad....photography is my hobby and I was feeling that I was wasting a lot of my time doing literally nothing so I decided to do some work." I lied. Of course the real reason was that we didn't want his money to survive.

"Oh...well, just remember that I am always there if you and your mother ever needs money." He calmed down a bit and leaned back in his leather seat comfortably.

"Ah right, about why I wanted to meet you...I wanted you do another mission because I think you are perfect for this." He spoke slowly, waiting for my reaction. As I had already seen this coming, I just nodded in response. Well, he was my father after all and I had no choice but to obey him.

"What is the j-" before I could finish, I heard a soft knock right outside the door. "It's me, boss. Can we come in?" I heard a deep voice. "Yes." Dad replied and I heard the door open, footsteps followed by the closing door again.

I felt the presence of two-three people in the room but I waited for my dad to start talking with them before I could turn around and look who it was.

"Come sit down boys." He spoke and I could sense two of them pulling the chairs towards my dad's table and one of them sitting right beside me. I finally looked at him. He was tall and dressed fully in black suit, a black mask covering most of his face. I glanced at the other two people sitting beside him, both of them in similar outfits, face covered.

Ryan sighed. "You guys can take off your masks when you are here haha" he laughed for some reason. The trio took of their masks and won't lie, they were really very handsome.

I looked at my dad who was smiling like a maniac. "Yes they are Korean, just like you sweetheart." I could feel their gaze on me and not knowing what to reply, I just nodded and turned towards them, stretching out my hand for them.

"Hi, Chanyeol." The one who was sitting right next to me grabbed my hand and shook it, introducing himself. I smiled at him. His voice really suited his built and appearance.

"I'm Baekhyun. Nice to meet you!" the one who looked the smallest and youngest among them spoke. His face was small and I could already assume that he was cute.

"Kai. Nice to meet you!" The one who was sitting the farthest slightly got up from his seat to greet. He had a different aura and charm of his own. He smiled, giving an eye smile simultaneously and I had no choice but to come out of my usual cold character and return his smile.

"Hi," I greeted all of them together. "I have heard about you a lot. Finally, I met you. You are a very talented person as per as I heard. It's good to see you." I looked at Chanyeol who looked pretty much surprised at my comment.

"T-Thank you." He replied. "You have never seen her but you must've have heard about her. She's Minji or you can call her J-"

"Hello. I'm Jiu. Looks like we'll be working together. Hope I get to learn a lot from all of you." I interrupted my dad who was now glaring at me for cutting him off.

"Ah Yes. Look at my smart daughter, she catches up things so quickly! You're right sweetheart, you guys will be working together. And you just have one mission- find Sophie. You have six months." He slid a small picture of a girl towards me. I raised my brow at him gesturing him to give me more details.

"These gentlemen here will fill you in about everything. Just keep in mind...I want her. By hook or by crook." He pulled out another cigarette, lighting it up quickly. I glanced at the three boys sitting beside me. Their faces were too blank for me to figure anything out.

"So you want me to live with them?" I questioned my boss. He nodded instantly, without any delay while doing so.

"Okay Boss. I hope I'll get paid well then since it looks pretty important to you." I smirked. "Of course. You don't have to worry about that Miss. Jiu." He replied with the same formality as me and smiled.