•40•

Everything – Jongho (ATEEZ)

༺༻

Sophie's pov:

I reached Hongjoong's room. He was on bed rest so he could not move yet but his treatment was done and so he was shifted back to his room now where he spent most of his time sleeping due to the heavy dose of medicines. I needed to talk to someone and Hongjoong felt like the easiest person to talk to right now.

"Hey! I was missing you...I'm now a bit sad you didn't come to visit me personally after I woke up Sophie." Hongjoong pouted keeping aside the book he was writing something in. "Everyone was visiting you almost every day, I thought me coming to meet you too would be too tedious for you. Also, did you forget that you're supposed to just rest and recover quickly? No work, okay?" I took the book and pen from his table and kept it far away from him across the room. He did a dramatic pose of not wanting to let go his beloved diary and we both started laughing.

This side of him was so refreshing...as if he was a totally different person. Everyone here had two personalities, but Hongjoong's work and real personalities were just two extreme peaks. One moment I fear him as my 'boss' and the other moment he is just like a cheerful best friend everyone must have.

"So, what brings you here?" He asked right away gesturing me to take a seat by his bed. I locked the door behind me and decided to pour out everything that had happened to me in the past few days. He needed to know whatever happened between me and Yunho and what is he going through. I told him how Seonghwa helped me a lot to overcome my sorrow. I was holed up in my room for weeks and only Seonghwa knew the real reason.

I narrated all the events that occurred when he was asleep to Hongjoong like I was reading out my personal diary and he was listening carefully. "Sorry, I came to visit you after so long and the first thing I do is to bore you with my stories." I realized and stopped speaking. Hongjoong shook his head violently, "I am glad you thought of me to tell all this to. That means, we have gotten very close, and you feel comfortable around me." He beamed for a short while, but his expressions changed quickly.

"You said Seonghwa told you about his past? I am actually surprised." He spoke again furrowing his brows. "What do you mean by that?" I asked.

"Seonghwa must really like you a lot." Hongjoong said plainly. I didn't know why but I felt flustered immediately after he said that and a loud "huh!?" escaped my lips unknowingly.

"I mean Seonghwa never even told anyone else about his brother other than me, so I am really surprised he told you that. You must be really special to him and I'm not saying this to make you uncomfortable, it is what it is!" Hongjoong continued as my cheeks grew red.

What is this feeling? Why am I even getting flustered thinking about this?

"O-Okay. Did you take your meds? I think I should let you rest now I took a lot of your time." I managed to speak, trying my best to escape the awkward conversation. Hongjoong seemed to notice and left a chuckle.

"I'll take my medication don't worry. See you soon then. I have a feeling you'll be coming back again to talk to me very soon." Hongjoong smirked and it felt like he was teasing me as I quickly exited his room now standing in the hallway, having no idea what Hongjoong was exactly implying or maybe I was just overthinking.

━━━━━

I sat on the bench in the garden after being too tired of seeing my room's walls for days. The breeze was warm summer breeze and the trees had grown a lot. The lush green garden didn't look like a garden anymore, it was almost a forest, and I was feeling very calm. Guess I had just found my new favorite place here.

"Shhh, don't make any sound. Look there, a rare bird!" Someone whispered behind me and I immediately recognized the voice. I turned around to see the usual dramatic Wooyoung hiding behind the bushes with Jongho, both making an imaginary binocular with their hands.

"Did you just call me a bird?" I smiled at them. "That's cause you really are a bird. Tiny little bird who is very rare to find these days." Jongho smiled as both of them walked towards me and sat on either side beside me.

"This bird was unwell so she was just resting." I replied as they nodded. "We heard from Jessica that you would actually kill anyone who came to meet you, so we did not bother you, our fierce little bird. Glad to see you are feeling better now." Wooyoung's dimples appeared as he gave me a lovely smile. "And thank you for that!" I smiled back.

"The atmosphere is so nice, I feel like singing the song I wrote few months ago. Do I have an audience?" Jongho looked at us and we were more than ready to hear his new song. "More than ready! What's the song called?" Wooyoung asked to which he paused for a minute and spoke again. "Everything."

He started singing a very beautiful melody in his amazing voice. The more I listened to it, the deeper I was drowning. I was so immersed in it that by the end, I had tears rolling down my cheeks. The timing was crazy...it was a sad song and was exactly what I was feeling past few days.

"Sophie?" Jongho asked with a concerned look on his face as soon as he noticed me crying. "Oh don't mind me...it's just...too beautiful and relatable....you can easily be a singer...if you wanted to...I-" I replied between sobs unable to finish my sentence properly.

None of them spoke anything after that as Wooyoung just placed his arm around my shoulder like he usually does, waiting for me let my heart out by crying. Maybe they understood what was going on and let me be that I appreciated.

━━━━━

A/N :

Hi everyone, how are y'all doing!? Hope everyone is safe and healthy, so many viral illnesses lately! Anyways, I wanted to give a little update on my life since it feels very unfair to keep everyone waiting and hanging on for new chapters every time.

I started writing on wattpad when I was in uni and long story short, I am an adult now, working jobs, taking care of everyone and paying bills so it had been very difficult for me to be very consistent in updating due to my very hectic life and I'm really very sorry for that! However, I have moved to a new city starting from this month and though it's been just 4 days for my new schedule, I feel like I most probably will be able to be more consistent than I was last year!

Sadly, I don't have my pc with me to write till March so I'll be writing on my phone and try to update once in two weeks <3 Once I get my laptop, I'll be even more frequent in updating, maybe once in a week~

Thank you for always hyping me up and reading my books. I appreciate all the comments, votes and dms it motivates me a lot and really makes my day! Once I get used to posting frequently and finish Inferno, I'll also resume my other books so stay tuned :)