•10•

♪Monster - EXO

༺༻

Third Person pov:

"Any updates??" the husky voiced man stood up and walked towards the three younger males. They just shook their heads silently, not knowing what to speak to their master.

He left out an annoyed sigh and pinched the bridge of his nose as he leaned on the desk, his back facing his younger brother.

"You three are called my best men for a reason but you guys keep disappointing me lately. You keep failing missions, should I just fire you??" he continued, a visible frown on his wrinkled face.

The trio frowned and looked at the floor, not daring to look at their boss who was upset.

The boss looked at his younger brother, waiting for a response from him. "What should we do now Nathan?" he continued as he made his way towards an empty chair.

Nathan shook his head as he made himself comfortable in his oversized leather chair.

"It's up to you Ryan. But I don't think you should fire them...just saying you know." He looked at the three young men standing in front of him.

Ryan pulled out a cigarette and quickly placed it in the corner of his mouth, further searching for his lighter in his long brown coat.

"Okay I have thought about it." He suddenly spoke as he simultaneously released a puff of smoke from his mouth. His younger brother and the three men turned towards him, patiently waiting for him to say something.

"I'm giving you another chance. Find her and bring her to us. If you fail, you're dead. Got it? Now, you don't want me to get upset, do you Chanyeol?" he looked at the taller boy immediately shook his head, bowing down to his boss.

"Good. Six months. Find her." He rolled the cigarette as he spoke. The trio bowed again as they finally turned to leave the room.

"How the fuck are our men so bad at this? All they know is killing. You've raised monsters Ryan. Nothing else, just brainless monsters." they heard the muffled voice of the main boss as they excited the place.

━━━━━

"What the fuck is wrong with that old man!??" Baekhyun pulled down his mask as he harshly grabbed the bottle of water, practically squeezing in because of the built up rage inside him.
Before he could even drink it, he was quickly turned around to face a furious Chanyeol. "Baek...look. You're my best friend but that 'old man' you are talking about is like a father to me. He literally raised me, you know that very well. Don't say shit about him ever again." He finally let go off Baekhyun's collar. Baekhyun looked at Kai who was just staring at them, his eyes cold and dead, showing no type of emotions.

"I know Loey...he even took me in and that's why I'm here with you guys, but I can't do this anymore." He huffed out a tired sigh as he grabbed the bottle again chugged down the water in an instant.

A visible frown appeared on Chanyeol's face. "Don't say that Baek. He took you in so you have to follow his orders now." Kai replied leaning his back on their car.

"Well..." Baekhyun started but didn't say anything further. After all, it was true. The three of them wouldn't have been alive if it wasn't for their boss.

━━━━━
Four years ago
━━━━━

"Boss! This guy was accidentally shot by me! I was too scared to leave him on the streets so I brought him with me...what should I do?" Chanyeol was panting heavily by the time he managed to reach Ryan's mansion. Ryan looked at the injured boy and quickly went towards him, helping Chanyeol to carefully make him lay down on the couch. The wound was pretty much severe, blood oozing out continuously from the fresh bullet wound on his shoulder.

Ryan pulled out his phone and called for his personal medical help. He was writhing in pain for a few minutes until the doctors finally came in and took away the boy for treatment.

Chanyeol stood there, his stare fixated blankly on the wall as his thumbs twiddled nervously, not knowing what was going to happen next.

He felt someone's hand on his shoulder.

"How did this happen?" Ryan asked him. He looked rather calm inspite of all this mess Chanyeol has gotten him into.

"U-Uh...I was trying to shoot the ceo's son b-but this guy was passing by and something happened just when I was about to shoot a-and...he got shot... i-I'm sorry-" he stammered as his very first mission was now totally a failure and had created a huge problem.

Ryan nodded his head understandingly. "So...you failed your first mission?" he asked the boy who was now trying to avoid his boss' eyes.

Ryan left out a chuckle, a smirk forming on his face. "It's okay Loey....you just need more training. Try to be more....heartless, okay? Next time, don't hesitate to pull the trigger on someone." He patted the younger's back.

"Hm...let's find out more about this boy you brought. Of course we can't let him go now." He continued as he rubbed his stubble with his thumb.

"You called boss?" Chanyeol was surprised to see the boy he had brought with him a few weeks ago who was severely injured was now standing right beside his boss, completely healed.

He smiled at Chanyeol as soon as he entered which made his heart skip a beat.

"Yes I called. You remember him? Of course you remember him. He'll be now working with you and Kai. His name is Baekhyun." Ryan proudly smiled as he relaxed on his chair.

"B-But..." "Don't worry Loey. He has himself agreed to this. Turns out his family is under huge debt which couldn't be cleared....of course, if he works with us, the debt will be cleared in no time." He smiled.

Chanyeol looked confused at first but then he remembered how good his boss was with words. He nodded at his words and left with the tiny boy.

━━━━━

A/N:

Y'all aren't ready for the backstories ;)