•27•

Sophie's pov:

I was lifelessly lying down on my bed when I heard a soft knock on the door. It was already past 10 pm and it was an unwritten rule in this house that we mind our own business after 10 so someone coming to talk to me at almost midnight was surprising.

I opened the door and was even more surprised to see Yeosang standing there, not even looking at me. "What do you want?" I sighed, not wanting to deal with him after having a rough day.

"This is for you." He held out a small A-5 book-sized hard item carefully wrapped in gift paper. I glanced at him once before I took the gift for him, utterly confused as to what and why exactly he was doing right now.

"Me? Should I?" "Yes, open it." He nodded right away. I slowly unwrapped the gift item realizing it was a small canvas. I turned it around and saw a sketch of a girl on it who looked exactly like me.

"Is this-" "Look at this too." He held out another portrait of me. I was bewildered at this point. What was he even saying?

"Did you draw two portraits of me...?" I finally asked, unsure of what I was supposed to say about whatever he was doing so suddenly.

"Can I come in? I will explain everything." He asked which was more of an order coming from him. Closing the door behind him, I sat down on my chair waiting for him to speak.

"I came here to apologize."  He turned to the window. "For what?"

"For everything I have said and done to you. I must be out of my mind; I need to act more...mature." He said at once. I stared at him for a long second and looked at the portraits. Both looked pretty much like me but the styles were very different. The clothes, hair, and expressions of the second portrait were totally different from my style and it looked pretty old.

"What is this about Yeosang? Is this really me?" I kept them down on my table and looked at him pointing at them.

"One is you.... this one." He showed the one which really looked like me. "It's a quick sketch I did today so I'm sorry it's not that detailed and good." He added.

"It's beautiful. Thank you so much." I smiled. Yeosang was being nice to me after ages or maybe he was just drunk. Anyways, I was happy that we were not fighting for once.

"And the other one is my sister...who died a few years ago." Yeosang continued and my smile vanished right away. I couldn't decide whether I was sad about hearing his sister's death, shocked to find out that she looked exactly like me, or surprised that Yeosang, who hates me the most and never talks about his past even with his brothers is telling this to me.

"I am so sorry to hear that...how did she...?" I looked at him. He didn't look sad at all, nor did he show any emotions on his face. He was just staring at the portrait blankly.

"I killed her." Words fell out of his mouth as if he was just waiting for someone to listen to his story. "W-What..."

"Yes. I killed my sister with my own hands." He smiled at me maniacally. I got up alarmed sensing that he wasn't in his right mind right now.

"Oh, I'm sorry. I must've scared you." He plopped on the chair, holding his head in his hands.

"You don't look fine. You should take some painkillers and go rest." I sat beside him and gently rubbed his back, trying to calm him down. I could kind of understand what he was going through. It must've been traumatic.

"I'm fine. As I said, I came to apologize. The moment I saw you, it reminded me of my sister and since then, I lost it. You looked so much like her, sometimes I even thought you were her which was impossible and made no sense." I stared at him, unable to respond. He was just pouring everything out and this was my first time properly having a conversation with him. First but definitely not a nice, normal conversation.