•25•

Sophie's pov:

"Give me that Yunho." Yunho passed the diary to Seonghwa who roughly flipped through the pages to check something I didn't understand.

"What were you doing with that Sophie?" Yeosang was not grumpy anymore, he was angry. "Sophie, did you just sneak into my office and steal this?" Hongjoong spoke before I could even answer Yeosang.

I gathered up the last bit of my courage and straightened up, trying to look tough. I backed away one step from them and finally decided to speak while they were staring at me as I had just done the biggest crime in the world.

"Tell me what did you guys do to Kevin right now!! Don't act like you have no idea about what I am talking about because you very well do. Tell me everything." I spoke in one breath and exhaled as if a huge burden was just off my chest. Their faces went pale as I finished my sentence.

"Sophie..." San frowned "Don't. Just tell me everything right now or I'll just run away." I replied before he could speak anything. "Do you understand that you are the one who is trapped right now at this moment?" Yunho surprised me. He was the last one I expected to get angry at me.

"Yunho, let me talk to her." San came a step closer and I took a step backward. "Don't try to talk to me if it's not about what you did to Kevin and...Martin." I was not going to leave this place without learning the truth.

"Martin!? We never did anything to him!!" Wooyoung almost screamed. An uneasy feeling gushed over me as this confirmed they definitely did something to Kevin. "You are denying about Martin but didn't say anything about Kevin so that means you all agree his disappearance has something to do with you, right?" I quickly said as Yeosang exhaled a sharp sigh, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Jung Wooyoung, you dumbass." He said in a low voice as he gave him an 'I'm done with youlook.

I was surprised to see Hongjoong, Mingi and Seonghwa pretty calm the whole time and turned towards them to speak something about it. "Where did you even get this information from? Not like you'll just randomly sneak into hyung's office and scan through random diaries unless someone told you about it." Mingi asked me sharply as everyone looked at me suspiciously.

Fuck. Jaehyun. I can't tell them that he told me to find out.

"I-I was just curious about the locked door and thought I might find the passcode or something written in one of the diaries and saw Kevin's name in it." I lied. My specialty. I was the best at telling convincing lies and I wasn't sure if it was a good thing or not. Either way, it did help me a lot to get out of difficult situations just like I was in right now.

Mingi looked like he didn't buy it at all but thankfully decided to let it go. "What the fuck? Do you think you're suddenly the boss now? Do you not understand that you are with us right now only because we let you join?" the same deep-voiced man who I feared the most spoke suddenly, grabbing everyone's attention and Hongjoong behind him fully letting him speak as both of them showed no emotions in their eyes.

I turned to Seonghwa to open my mouth to speak but had to shut up as Jongho gestured me to. The room fell silent, just the faint sound of my heart throbbing as I slowly realized how I fucked up everything in just a few minutes. I just needed to know the truth but I had gone against their rules and literally sneaked into the mafia boss's office. I mentally made a note to slap myself when...if I would ever get out of this room alive.

"Hyung~" "We are not going to listen to you Wooyoung. Don't even try." Seonghwa snapped at him before he could even speak anything else.

Jongho huffed out a deep sigh and turned towards Mingi. "Hyung listen. Sophie has made a huge mistake but we have made a bigger mistake...don't you think? I think we should be the one apologizing to her first." He spoke confidently as Yeosang's expressions immediately turned sour. Apologizing to someone else was definitely something he didn't have in his dictionary.

"Explain Jongho." Mingi replied as a small smile appeared on Jongho's face for not getting any harsh objections from anyone.

"You see, the only thing we believe in is transparency between every one of us. We have vowed that we would never lie to any of the members and no secrets between us, right?" he paused for a bit as everyone, including me, was eagerly waiting for him to get to his point.

"Isn't Sophie officially a part of our family now? Then why are we still hiding so many things from her?" he tilted his head simply, looking as innocent as possible. Everyone looked like they had fallen deep in thoughts while San and Wooyoung practically were beaming already. Of course, as expected from Jongho. Always on point.

"You are right. But did she really have to sneak into my office when she could've asked about it to any one of us?" Hongjoong asked him.

"She sneaked in and she confessed on her own and gave the diary back before we 'caught' her. We still haven't so now, who's really at fault here?" Yunho took everyone by surprise. I couldn't understand the emotions on his face but he did make everyone silent immediately. I could slowly see guilt being painted over their faces as they finally started to understand that sneaking in and betraying them wasn't my intention at all. It was just to get their attention and find proof before I could ask about Kevin.

"As much as I hate to admit it, Yunho and Jongho are right. I kind of get it now why Sophie did this in the first place." I turned to Yeosang to give him a smile but he, as usual, rolled his eyes at me after admitting it.

"I'm sorry. I just wanted to get clear proof that you guys had something to do with Kevin before I could ask you all about it. And I had asked to go in that room so many times, but no one allowed me to so I snuck in here to find..." "It's fine. I hope this is the first and last time you are doing something like this." Hongjoong interrupted me at which I instantly nodded like a trained dog. I was almost about to get butchered today but was miraculously alive.

"I hate this." Seonghwa murmured to himself, loud enough for me and Hongjoong to hear as he slammed the diary on Hongjoong's desk and left without a word. Everyone just silently watched him leave in burning anger and glanced at each other without saying anything. What a weirdo.

"Anyways..." San sighed and surprised me with a hug. "You are trembling Soph. Calm down." He gave me a small pat on my back and I felt relieved. Wooyoung and San always felt like older brothers to me who made sure I was always okay and I really loved them for that.

"You explained and now it's our turn to explain you what happened to Kevin and how are we involved with him." Wooyoung spoke. I straightened up as I got immediately alarmed at the mention of Kevin's name.

"Yunho. I think you should be the one telling her. After all, all this started because of you." Yeosang was back to normal and looked a lot calmer than before.

Yunho glanced at Hongjoong as Hongjoong immediately nodded giving him a green signal to speak.

"You need to sit comfortably first." Yunho noisily pulled a chair near me making everyone cringe at the sound. I sat down, finally giving my legs and body some rest, not knowing what I was going to find out next was going to get me shaking all over again.