•03•

♪ Precious – Ateez

༺༻

Sophie's pov:

We started walking through which seemed like an endless corridor. Yunho had promised me that he'll show me around today after I was done with this contract thing. Half of the walk was filled with awkward silence.

Why the fuck is Hongjoong's office so far?
I mentally cursed, waiting for Seonghwa to at least say something.

Suddenly I felt a strong grip on my wrist making me stumble back forcefully.

"Wha-" before I could complete my sentence, a hand covered my mouth as I made a failed attempt to free myself.

Seonghwa was staring at me, his eyes dead cold which made a shiver run down my spine. He silently placed his finger to his lips while pushing the palm of his hand harder on my mouth, gesturing me to stay quiet.

I gave in and stood still, shocked by his sudden move.

"Phew, finally you are silent now. Okay, listen to me first." He spoke, sighing nervously.

"There's no one at the gate at this hour. Escape and go away as far as you can." He leaned in and whispered in my ear softly, his deep voice giving me chills.

I was speechless by his words. I struggled to remove his hand from my mouth as he slowly loosened the grip, letting me speak.

"What do you mean??? Hell No." I firmly replied, my hands shaking slightly. His brows furrowed depicting a bit of anger and disappointment in me. He slowly took a step back while I quickly breathed in the fresh air.

Without warning, he grabbed my hand harshly and started pulling me down the corridor, his grip strong enough that I had no chance of letting myself free from him. I tried to pull back while continuously blabbering, not know what the fuck was going on. His muscular back was facing me even though I was trying my best to stop him.

Seonghwa paused midway, his face indicated that he was clearly annoyed. "Can't you just listen to me and do what I told you? Don't be so noisy Sophie! Someone might come."

"B-But" I stammered panting heavily. "Do as I say." He coldly replied, as he turned again and grabbed my arm.

"Why are you doing this!?" I finally screamed, making sure my voice was audible enough that at least someone might hear. His eyes widened in surprise as he slowly walked towards me.

"We are far away from the rooms and offices. No one will hear you dear, don't try to act smart. Just stay silent. Let me explain. You need to leave this place right now. I'll tell Hong and the others that you ran away and disappeared. I'll make things up. Do you understand??" he spoke, his deep voice getting deeper with every word that was coming out from his mouth. He stepped closer as I moved backwards, finally reaching the wall and not being able to go anymore further.

"I-I don't want to! I came here myself and I'll stay!" I responded, trying my best to not look afraid. I had no idea why he wanted me to leave but I was not going to.

Seonghwa huffed out a sigh, momentarily closing his eyes before slamming his palm on the wall, right beside my head. I flinched at the sudden gesture.

What is this situation? Feels like Déjà vu.

I gulped as I watched him. He looked like he was preparing a speech or something. He flashed his eyes open and stared at me, those cold, dead expressions again.

"Look. Even though the members are okay with you being here, I'm not. You have no idea what you have gotten yourself into. Just go away. Somewhere far from this shit. I'll help you create a new identity. Go live your life as a normal person!" he spoke, his words coming out slowly. But he looked like he was talking to himself, not me. I shook my head violently as I had already made up my decision.

It's too late to go back.

"I'm not going anywhere. Not at least till I avenge my mother." I replied with the remaining strength I had in me. I clearly understood his intentions but there is no turning back now.

"Why the fuck are you being so stubborn!? Usually we people trap commoners like you and then here you are....wanting to be trapped!" he raised his voice, making me flinch instantly.

I stared at him for a long second, none of us saying anything. I hated it. I hated how he hated me. I hated how he had had no business with me or my life, but still acted like he owned me. An awkward silence lingered in the air as both of us just kept staring at each other, as if we were ready to kill each other any moment now.

"Hyung? May I know what is going on here?" I heard a familiar voice from the left. I looked at Seonghwa whose face fell, looking at the direction of the source of the voice.

"What are you doing here?" Seonghwa asked him as he turned towards the younger.