•34•

Sophie's pov:

The room was dead silent as me and San waited for everyone to join us. It felt very weird to be in Hongjoong's cabin when all of us except him were present. Seonghwa walked up to his desk and faced us as we waited for him to speak.

"Fuck." was the only thing he managed to speak. There were so many emotions on his face, I couldn't understand what he was thinking. Yunho looked the most furious, his breathing heavy as if he had just returned from a long run.

"I think we should lock him up and permanently banish his from our group. He clearly shows no remorse for doing what all he did, and I don't think he will ever reflect." Yunho broke the silence. Everyone stared at him. He has just said what everyone wanted to say.

"You're right. It's true he is fully aware of whatever he did and doesn't regret it at all. It was his plan all along and he even admitted to it so..." San added. The room was silent again for few more minutes.

"Anyone wants to say anything else on this matter? Does everyone agree with Yunho's opinion of permanently cutting all ties with him?" Seonghwa looked up scanning everyone's faces. "You have a say in this too Sophie. You're a part of us too." He continued. I was startled to hear my name so I just quickly nodded.

"I agree with whatever Yunho says." I replied. "Very well, anyone else has to say anything more?" he asked and everyone just shook their head, too wary and sad to utter a single word. Their brother had betrayed them and even tried to kill one of them after all.

I could understand how they felt. Me and Mingi had gotten so close too in such a short amount of time, even I felt like I have been stabbed in the back by the person who was so dear to me.

As we were silently staring at the floor, there was a soft knock on the door. "Hyein is here, I left her with the maids. What should we do with her now?" Wooyoung was back with Mingi's sister.

"We have decided to lock up Mingi...forever. Do you have any other opinion Wooyoung?" Seonghwa asked quickly and Wooyoung's frown got even more deeper. He shook his head having nothing else to say. "I was going to say the same thing. Let's just not...hurt him. Just never meeting him ever again is enough as a punishment for him I think...that if he ever considered us as a family atleast once though..." Wooyoung left a sigh. I felt so bad for him, he was so clingy with Mingi. Everyone was so deeply hurt but there was nothing else anyone could do. This was real. It happened and there was no turning back now.

"Okay. It's decided then. About Hyein, we can safely send her back to her parents. Sophie, can you please go and talk to her. Tell her everything...everything about us, the Costras and her brother. But assure her we won't harm her and she will safely be back to her house in next two days." I nodded at Seonghwa's order and left with Wooyoung to talk to Hyein.

Poor girl had been dragged in all of this and had to go through this all for no reason.

━━━━━

I plopped on my bed, totally exhausted from everything that had happened in the past few days. Hongjoong had been under strict medical care, we were only able to see him through the door were no allowed to meet him for now as he had just opened his eyes. Mingi was sent to other place under high security so that he couldn't escape or contact anyone at all. He was permanently banished from the family and was now a traitor who almost killed the 'boss' so there was no mercy and risks that we could afford to take.

His sister had returned to her parents and was traumatized when I had gone to talk to her. She was never gonna think about coming back here ever. I felt bad for her but was sad and angry about Mingi. We used to be such good friends after all, it was still very difficult for me to accept the reality.

"Are you sleeping?" I heard a knock followed by Yunho's voice. "No, you can come in." I sat in my bed as Yunho walked in. He looked like a mess and it was breaking my heart. He was the most affected by this as him and Mingi were the closest duo among the brothers.

"You don't look well...you haven't been eating well too Yunho..." "I don't feel like." He replied quickly. I frowned. He wasn't being himself at all and it concerned me. I wanted him to take care of himself.

"I will make a special dish of mine for you then you'll like it." I smiled at him as he looked surprised. "You can cook? You sure you don't burn down the kitchen?" he smiled weakly trying to tease me.

"It's late today so I won't make it right now but just you wait till tomorrow! It'll be the best thing you've ever had!! Don't you doubt my skills." I softly gave him a boop on his nose to which he scrunched, making him look even more adorable than he always was.

I gave him a hug and he hugged me back immediately as if he had been waiting for this. I could hear him almost sobbing but I decided to stay silent for few moments as I gently rubbed his back.

"It's okay Yunho. I won't lie and say everything will be back to normal but I hope you know your other six brothers are always here for you. I will be always here for you too so please take care of yourself, it worries me." I spoke softly and he just nodded, hugging even more tightly now.

"Oh by the way, I did not come to meet you just for no reason..." he pulled himself back. "Hm? What is it?" "You remember you said you wanted to meet Meghan and tell here everything about...umm...Martin." I frowned. Right, I had almost forgotten about it.

"Yes and...Kevin." "Yes. I talked to Seonghwa hyung just now and he says you can meet her this week whenever you want. He told me to accompany you so let me know a day before so that I can make all the arrangements." A big smile appeared on my face. I was finally going to meet my best friend after so many months.

"We can go on Wednesday! She doesn't have her dance classes on that day." I spoke excitedly. "Okay noted. I'll go now you get some rest." He smiled.

"You too." I said as I smiled back.