•19•

♪ Ateez- Take me Home

༺༻

Sophie's pov:

I was laying down on the bed having absolutely nothing to do. My room now felt like my room after I had rearranged all the stuff and placed the few things I had brought with me.

My head was an empty space, empty enough for all types of random thoughts and memories to directly flood in, sometimes making me smile, sometimes making me cry. All types of memories.

Today was the painful one. As I closed my eyes trying to take a quick afternoon nap, the memories of my mom flooded in. Her face flashed like a bright light in the pitch-black darkness. There was nothing around her. Just endless black tiled flooring of which I couldn't see where it was stopping.

She turned to me and gave a bright smile. I realized she wasn't looking at me as I was very far away from her. I wanted to go and hug her but I couldn't move. I looked down at my feet and realized that there was a thick pair of chains around both my ankles. I tried to free myself but I couldn't. Not being able to free myself, I decided to continue watching my mother.

She was just doing her thing. Smiling brightly while happily turning around as if she was dancing. She looked flawless as usual, the white gown fitting her perfectly and the free fabric moving swiftly in the direction of every step she took, falling behind her elegantly. A big smile appeared on my face as I watched her.

Suddenly, something happened and she stopped. She looked around her and had a scared expression on her face. She furrowed her brows as I saw a man coming inside her little happy circle. He was walking slowly but surely as if he knew that my mom didn't have anywhere to run.

I tried to see what was happening. His face had a full black mask on, just like the ones they make the criminals wear. He was wearing a formal suit and walked like a businessman man. But his face was covered. He was coming closer to my mother and she looked frightened.

I had to go something. I had to save my mother. On impulse, I started running towards the man and fell down badly. I had totally forgotten about the chains around my ankle. I looked at the man. Neither of them noticed my presence. I screamed, calling my mom but to no avail. It was as if we both were in two different worlds and she couldn't even hear me.

The man had now reached my mother. She was on her knees, saying something I couldn't hear. He crouched down on her level and held her palm with his left hand, using the other to cup her cheek. I panicked.

What is happening?

Sensing that whatever was happening was not right, I hastily tried to break the chains. But they were too strong for me. I looked in the direction of my mom again. A lump was caught up in my throat.

I looked away for just a second.

I cried for my mother who was now laying on the floor, fresh blood coming out from her mouth and nose as the man was not standing beside her motionless body, looking down at her and doing nothing.

He killed her.

I was screaming and battling with the chains, trying to get his attention and sobbing that I wasn't there to save her. I cried so much that finally my vision got blurry and started darkening, the pitch-black now slowly consuming everything.

I woke up screaming my mother's name, my heart pounding heavily as I could feel tears forming in my eyes.

The same dream.

I had this same dream a couple of times before and I absolutely hated it. It made me feel guilty....guilty for not being there to save my mother when she needed me. I sat there on the bed, my palms covering my eyes so that the tears wouldn't fall.

I wanted to go back home.

Just when I was busy trying to get myself together, I heard footsteps silently approaching me. I turned to my left, only to see a worried Seonghwa coming closer. I quickly wiped away the tears praying that he didn't see whatever just happened.

"What-" "Shh...drink this first." He intervened, handing me the bottle of water which was on my side table after opening the tap for me. I grabbed it and gulped down half of the water in one go.

"A bad dream?" he asked me while I was drinking. "I was just suddenly feeling very warm. It's a hot day today." I lied. He was the last person I would like to talk to now.

"Oh, a hot day in the month of December. I see." He said sarcastically as I mentally facepalmed. He caught me.

"It's okay if you don't want to tell. I can understand." He spoke again. I sighed. I hate it when he does that. Acting all good and understanding when he is clearly not.

"Yes it was a bad dream but it's okay, it was just a dream so I don't think about it too much." I answered and got up from my bed. He nodded as if he knew what I was talking about. "By the way, why are you here?" I asked him. He rarely visits this side of the mansion and it was his first time coming into my room.

"Ah yes, totally forgot about it! Hongjoong wants you in his office, right now. He wants to speak to you." "Oh." I was pretty much surprised with the fact that Hongjoong didn't send Jessica to call me this time. He sent Seonghwa which meant that there was something important going on.

I quickly put on my casual jacket and started walking down the corridor with him. It was awkward for both of us. The last time we were walking together, he wanted me to run away.

After almost two whole minutes of awkward silence, Seonghwa decided to speak. "You are dumb." He spoke out of nowhere. "You should've escaped when you had the chance."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Not this again." I started walking a bit faster so that Seonghwa couldn't keep up with me. But he was quick enough to grab my wrist tightly and turning me around to face in his direction. I looked at him, his deep black eyes staring right into mine, none of us trying to look away.

"I won't talk about it anymore. Do whatever you want when the time comes." He spoke softly and loosened his grip on my arm.

"Good Riddance." I murmured and felt relieved to realize that we had almost reached the office.

━━━━━

"Ah finally!" Hongjoong had a small smile on his face as soon as I and Seonghwa entered the room. I looked around and was surprised to see all the members were already present and looked like they were waiting for us.

"I didn't know we were having a meeting!" I spoke as I walked up to Yunho and stood beside him.

"We are not. We just wanted to give you something." Hongjoong smiled again.

"Give me something? A gift? It's not even my birthday!" I replied, pleasantly confused about what they were planning on giving me out of the blue.

"Who said gifts are meant to be given on birthdays only?" San responded, his cute smile getting bigger as he spoke.

"Wow, y'all look very happy...I'm very curious now. Come on, what is it??" I finally asked, waiting for Hongjoong to do something.

Hongjoong glanced at Seonghwa as he took out a small box from his drawer. It was a small rectangular box, the size of a pen case and it was pretty. I walked towards his desk, keeping my eyes on the box. It really was pretty, just like a jewelry box which has something delicate but expensive inside it. I looked at Hongjoong again, waiting for him to say something.

"This is for you from all of us." He spoke when he realized I was too surprised to process anything.

━━━━━

A/N:

Hmmm...what do you think it is? *wink* *wink*
People who are here from Fall Out might guess correctly hehe~
Btw, I'll be much more active here from now on since I am kind of free and finally have sorted my life out lol so expect frequent updates from me!!