•37•

♪ Invisibles - Bandage

༺༻

Sophie's pov:

"This is insanity." I spoke, fully aware that I was gripping Seonghwa's arm. "Sit back and relax. Your fear will disappear in no time." He calmly replied as he kept staring at the distance. I looked towards what he was looking at but there was nothing. He just seemed too lost in thoughts that none of us spoke for a long time....and that actually felt good for a change.

"You look....different." I spoke getting his attention. He furrowed his brows in confusion expecting me to elaborate. "I mean you look like you have a lot on your mind right now. Uh...well you always do but right at this moment, it's different. Umm...what I meant to say is..." I tried to express my thoughts that came out poorly.

Seonghwa chuckled before I could form a correct sentence and finish speaking it. "You are right and so do you. All day today. What's bothering you? Let's be frank with each other now that we have decided to start over and be friends." He spoke that kind of weirded me out. What was I even doing here to be honest? Having a nice little frank talk with this guy who threatened to kill me in the past so many times? I didn't realized I was already giving him the most 'judgmental look' but he quickly noticed.

"Ahem...See. I know there have been a lot of ups and downs in our past interactions but-" "Mostly downs." I cut him off as he sighed. "Yes right. A lot of DOWNS in our past interactions but trust me, my motive was never to hurt you in any way." He continued, giving special emphasis on the word downs.

"Yeah you never wanted to hurt me YET, I was once almost choked to death by you and oh! Let's not forget how I was once held at a gun point. YOUR gun point." I gave him a deadly stare that he conveniently ignored but turned his eyes towards the blank road ahead again.

"Well, I deeply apologize for that. Yes, I did something terrible and traumatizing to you that I can never be able to erase from your memory, but you were our enemy back then. A threat to our family and the daughter of our biggest enemy. I had no choice...you know very well how we work and what are our priorities and ethics, after all you are so close to Yunho you... must have heard from him already how much we stick to our-"

"Your family motto. Yes. You don't need to say anything further, I accept your apology." I replied quickly not wanting to hear anything about Yunho.

"Really!? You're accepting my apology? Just like that?" Seonghwa looked too surprised. I nodded with a smile on my face as a small smile appeared on his face as well. I realized how into character he always is that I don't even remember the last time he smiled. Him and Yeosang were the grumpiest among the brothers but Yeosang atleast smiled whenever he made a sarcastic comment or saw someone in trouble. Seonghwa on the other hand always looked grumpy and annoyed, no matter the situation.

"You look young when you smile, just like someone in his 20s." "So you're saying I look old when I don't?" He replied quickly as I nodded sheepishly. He gave me a betrayed look and I laughed harder. "Didn't you say a while ago we should be frank with each other from now on? That's what I am doing!" I teased him and he gave up. "Sure." He rolled his eyes and we stayed silet again for a while.

"So. It's about Yunho huh?" He spoke suddenly making my smile vanish. It was such a warm moment just now but he just had to ruin it bringing up a topic that I didn't want to talk about.

"Your face says it all. It's okay I won't ask anything if you don't want to talk about it but I just want to let you know that I'm all ears if you ever want to talk about anything." He bent his knees resting his arms on them. I nodded my head, slightly surprised that he didn't pressure me about this.

"Same goes for you. You can talk to me about anything, I am a good listener." I replied as I observed him. He was in a totally different mood today and I wanted to know why.

"It's my brother's birthday today." He spoke immediately followed by a deep sigh. "I wonder how is he doing. Not that I care much but still..."

"Wait I don't think I missed anyone's birthday? I had them by hearted." I tried to remember but nothing came to my mind. None of the boys had their birthdays today.

"I'm not talking about these brothers. I'm talking about my real brother. My blood." He turned his head towards me to take a look at my very bewildered face. Neither did I know anything about Seonghwa or his past, nor did I expect him to really share anything with me but here he is, looking pitiful as he looked into my eyes.

"Who is this brother of yours and what happened to you both?" I asked finally as he rested his head on his arms sideways, looking comfortably at me.

"You have met him." He replied that made me confused even more. Was he in my college? Did we have mutual friends? Did we live in the same neighborhood? Was he in my hometown?

"I can't guess like that. I have met hundreds of people in my life, most of them I have even forgotten by now." I shrugged my shoulders giving up on guessing.

"You won't ever forget him though. He had almost killed you." My eyes grew wide as shivers ran down my spine as I slowly remembered everything.

Was his brother one of them?

━━━━━

A/N :

Sorry if there are any mistakes! I kinda rushed uploading without proof-reading lol. I am still struggling but I feel like I am getting better at managing my time now and try to write whenever I can! So hoping you guys are still reading this book and enjoying it, I'll try to update as frequently as I can :) Feel free to leave comments and votes, that motivates me a lot!! <3