•33•

Sophie's pov:

"Yes, I've been lying to everyone except Hongjoong. He knows the truth." Mingi finished speaking. "Don't you dare say his name! Whatever your story is, I don't care. You tried to kill him!" Yeosang was gritting his teeth hard. He was clearly furious and frustrated because of the situation we were in.

"Yeosang...I know I did something unforgivable but there was a reason behind whatever I did! I had no choice, trust me!" Mingi's spoke, his voice trembling.

Just as Yunho was about to say something, James, one of the men who worked for us barged in with a phone that was ringing. "You should've knocked at least James! Hyung will be furious." Wooyoung whispered to the man who just shrugged as if he had no choice.

"It's a number. Pick up the call Mingi and talk normally. Put it on speaker." Seonghwa ordered and I realized why the phone was brought in so urgently. Mingi nodded with a sigh as he put the phone on speaker.

"H-Hello, oppa? It's me." A weak female voice spoke on the other line, taking all of us by surprise. "H-Hyein? Wh...Where are you? How are you calling? Did they do anything to you!?" Mingi bombarded her with questions.

"Oppa...this gentleman helped me escape from them and he-he says that I had to call you for help as soon as possible because he can't hide me from them any longer..." "Hyein. This is Mingi's boss speaking and now listen to me carefully. Your brother is busy right now so we will send someone else to pick you up. He has lilac colored hair and is Asian. You'll identify him easily. Tell us where you are and what are you wearing, we are on our way to come to you." Seonghwa spoke and the phone went silent for few seconds.

First, the girl is already hiding after escaping, sounds younger and is scared and now some random deep voiced guy suddenly starts talking to her on the phone when she thought she was talking to only her brother...great Seonghwa. Good job scaring the shit out of her.

"O..Oppa...you are still there right...?" She asked, her voice now even more lower than it already was. I wanted to say something to assure her but did not want her to scare even more, so I just stayed silent. "Hyein. Yes, don't worry, he really is my boss. We'll be sending the person he just told you about so stay put and don't go anywhere with anyone else. Okay?" Mingi calmed her down and she agreed, giving us the necessary details.

"Okay got it. I'll go get her right now then." Wooyoung left the room quickly as soon as the call ended. "So, now. Is this what you meant when you said they have your sister? And this is why you tried killing Hongjoong?" Seonghwa turned to Mingi who instantly nodded.

"My sister came here for her studies but she was kidnapped by them as soon as she reached. They held her hostage and threatened me that they would kill her if I don't kill Hongjoong. I tried my best to track them down and rescue her but even my best men were not able to find her, so I had no choice but to do as they say." Mingi slowly spoke, guilt written all over his face. I did not want to believe him at all, he was the most cunning man out of all brothers after all, but he still looked so helpless...

"Hyung, you can't fool us. You could've easily told us about this and we would've helped you rescue your sister at any cost. Even if they wanted Hongjoong out of their way, we could've easily faked his death and made it look exactly what they wanted it to be. Be honest, all this was just a golden opportunity for you to become the leader, right? Your next target was Seonghwa hyung right?" Jongho firmly spoke, in the calmest way possible. It was scary how good he was at breaking down things so easily.

Everyone looked at Mingi who was now silent. He looked like he had been caught and all my short amount of pity for him vanished right away.

So...he really wanted to kill Hongjoong?

"I would be66666 lying if I say no but th-that's not entirely true! I had thoughts like those as I very badly wanted to be the leader b-but on second thought-" "You have been caught so stop trying Mingi." San sounded too cold from his usual self. His ability to catch lies right away was terrifying and it looked like he now knew that Mingi was clearly lying.

"I am disappointed. To think that my dad had brought in a traitor all along who could kill his brother without any hesitation just to take his place...you will pay for this. Just you wait." I looked at Yunho whose face was now losing its color. He was not taking it well at all. I tried to gently stroke his back trying to calm him down but it wasn't working. This was the most heart broken and furious I had ever seen him. "Yunho..."

"Fine. I admit. I was loyal all these years but I had always wanted to have more. When Costras contacted me, I was worried for my sister only at first but after listening to their demand and thinking over it for a long time, I realized that this was a golden opportunity for me too. I was planning to be the leader and slowly join hands with Costras. Just imagine how much richer and bigger we would be if we were allies with our biggest rivals!" as soon as Mingi finished speaking, I strong slap from Yeosang was enough to make him go silent for few more minutes.

"Did you really even admire the great boss or was it all just a show too? You wanted to join hands with the people who killed our dad who was also your biggest role model? Who gave you a new life and rescued you from the hellish life you were living? You really are insane." Yeosang was fuming with rage, just like everyone else.

"Business is business. That's the difference between you guys and me. You let emotions control you, but I only think tactically! It is so easy to avenge dad once you gain your enemy's trust and they let you in. That was my plan all along, join hands with them, grow our business, avenge our dad by stabbing them in the back and take over their business too!" Mingi spat but everyone looked irritated. No one spoke anything for a while and I gulped. What was going to happen now?

"You really are pathetic. We'll be going now." Seonghwa broke the silence as he turned around gesturing everyone to gather in the room next to us.

I gave Mingi a final glance before leaving and frowned seeing there was no sign of guilt or sadness on his face anywhere.

Looks like he really was a traitor all along.