•29•

Sophie's pov:

My heart was pounding heavily as we were nearing our destination. Yunho was sitting right beside me in the van, holding my hand tightly trying to calm me down which helped a bit. His hands were warm and huge enough to fit my entire palm in just a few of his fingers.

"Don't worry, everything is well planned and it's a very simple mission. It's gonna be alright." He whispered in my ear rubbing my back slowly but even then, the uneasy feeling wasn't going away.

The NCT boys' car joined us just after a while and we exchanged the members according to our groups. Yunho and the others were going to go in from the north side while me, Seonghwa and others were going from the back of the complex.

"Hey." I heard Mark. "Hey." I replied with a nervous smile. "Thank you so much for coming." He continued and I nodded.

The trip was quick and soon we were at our planned location, guns in pockets, slowing sneaking in the abandoned building. It was cold and stuffy in there as there was nothing but empty halls and rooms, but it had most of the light bulbs and doors properly working meaning the building was in use.

I had to stick with Seonghwa and Mark and as planned, we tried to stay in one place most of the time and move very slowly. Seonghwa was continuously being updated about the situation by other members as their main work was to find out Jiah's location and let our team know so that we could rescue her while they distract our enemies.

"How have we still haven't found her yet?" Mark asked. It has already been thirty minutes since we barged in and everyone one was already searching their respective floors. Seonghwa looked at Mark who frowned.

"Hongjoong and Taeyong listen, our team will hide for ten more minutes and if there's still no sign of Jiah, then everyone split more in teams of two instead and our team is going to join in the search too." He almost ordered through the earpiece that at least one member from every team had.

Ten minutes passed by too quickly and we finally decided to make a move. Our team was still a team of three because we didn't have any other team with us close to the area we were hidden in.

"Shh" Mark got cautious as we were nearing one of the rooms in the passage. We could hear few people talking to each other as we came closer. "We need to quickly cross this passage without getting spotted. Avoid engaging in a fight, remember?" Seonghwa asked me as if I was a baby. I rolled my eyes and nodded.

"And if by chance we get split up-" "Then I must directly wait in front of the exit of B wing's fire staircase and if there's someone there too, then go to A wing's fire staircase. I have heard that way too many times now." I cut him off. They were treating me like a child, and it was getting annoying. "I'm going first now." I declared as I started moving forward slowly. I could hear Seonghwa whispering something, but I was not able to hear him clearly over the voices of the men chatting in the room as I was going closer.

It was simple, crouch on the ground, peek through the window to make sure they are not looking in our direction and swiftly sprint to the other side when they are not on alert.

I did as I was told. Slowly, I was almost crawling on the ground and had a little peek from the window. The place was like a store filled with mostly food items and three men who I didn't recognize were talking to each other, more like they were fighting...over a packet of chips one of them was holding. His hair was blonde, and he had a mullet and it looked like there was just one chips packet and all of them wanted the same one.

I shrugged my shoulders, relieved that all of them were busy talking and none of them was on alert as I swiftly made my move and reached the other side. What I didn't notice was the plastic bottle lying there which I had accidentally stepped on, making a sound loud enough for them to notice it.