•30•

Witch Hunt – BIBI

༺༻

Third person pov:

"Looks like your brother fucked up big time." Jiu was fuming with rage as she grabbed the hair of the girl and yanked her back. She screamed in pain, unable to do anything as she was tied firmly to the chair, stripped half naked.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Kai, who just blindly followed the screams was now at the door which Jiu had forgotten to lock. He seemed horrified as he ran towards the young girl, pushing Jiu away.

Jiu froze in her place. "W-when did you get here? Why are you here?" she managed to speak as she felt somewhat exposed.

"That's not important just...what the fuck is this place and who is this? She looks like she's just a teenage kid!" Kai said as he untied the ropes and quickly gave the girl his suit to cover up.

"Listen, just leave me and her alone and get the fuck out of here unless you wanna die. Don't make me repeat." Jiu was quick to pull out her gun, aiming at Kai who looked unbothered.

"Yes, just kill me but on one condition. You must let her go first." "That's not gonna happen, you both die." Jiu's breath was shaky as she realized Kai was being very serious. "I said just kill me instead. I know boss made you do this so just tell him I helped this kid escape, and that's why you shot me while fighting. Everything will be solved." Kai looked adamant as he stepped in front of the girl blocking her from Jiu's range.

"K-Kai...don't make me do things I'd regret. My boss ordered me to work with you, I can't shoot my comrade." "Then just let us go. I'll think of something to explain the boss about how she escaped; you'll be safe I promise you." Kai spoke as he could see Jiu helpless and lost in numerous thoughts.

"Listen, you are doing something very terrible." He spoke again.

"You think I'm a monster, right? What do you even know about me to say that?" it took less than a minute for Jiu to get back in her shooting stance, this time looking even more enraged.

Kai was loss at words as he realized she was probably going through a lot of stuff and even had some sort of bipolar disorder. "I never said that. Even if I did, it must've been because of the situation we were in. I know you're not what you act like Jiu." He tried to calm her down. Jiu looked surprised when he said that. He body suddenly looked relieved as tears started streaming down her face. She slowly lowered her gun and, in the meanwhile, Kai rushed at her throwing the gun away as he cupped her face in his hands. "I know everything about you now don't worry, I will help you. We will do this together." He gave her a small hug and went back to the girl who was now confused and shivering.

"I will drop her at home safely and come back to you right away." He promised Jiu as he walked away with the little girl.

━━━━━

Sophie's pov:

Everyone looked like they were lost. The NCT guys had left already knowing that we all needed some time by ourselves with our "family" to talk about everything that had happened in the past few hours. Hongjoong was in the ER and thankfully, the doctors and almost all the necessary equipment needed for the treatment was already available here, so we didn't have to go to a real hospital.

The silence was killing me but at the same time, I wanted to be alone as well. This day was too much for me and I was in complete shock from earlier. Mingi was locked up in the room beside the cabin. I looked at Yunho who looked the most hurt from everything and gave him a tight hug that we both needed.

"Ahem." The doctor who no one had noticed earlier suddenly cleared his throat getting everyone's attention. "How's he now doc?" Wooyoung asked right away as the doctor gestured him to calm down.

"Miraculously, he is in a pretty good condition. The bullet that hit him didn't touch his heart so there's nothing too much to worry about. But it will take him a while to gain consciousness and he will have to be bed ridden for a long time. Rest assured; he'll be back with you guys just like before in few months." He finally spoke after which I could hear everyone's relieved sigh.

"Nothing will ever be like before anymore." Yunho murmured to himself. He looked tensed and broken before but now, it was anger and confusion.