•02•

Fractions – Juniper Vale

༺༻

Sophie's pov:

I jolted awake to a soft knock on the door. I unlocked it and opened it to see a happy Jessica staring at me.

"Good Morning! Master wants you to know that it's almost breakfast time so you can go join them." She spoke before I could ask her anything else.

"Really? What time is it?" I asked surprised when I heard the word breakfast. For me, breakfast was usually at eight in the morning, not to mention that I usually used to skip it because of my college and because I was too lazy to even prepare one.

"It's ten forty five right now." She replied making me gasp in surprise.

They wake up so late? And I overslept!

I replied her with an 'okay, I'll be there but wait for me.' As I didn't want to get lost again.

I quickly brushed my teeth and freshened up, wearing a decent t-shirt I randomly came across. Jessica was waiting patiently outside, probably laughing at how someone can even get lost in a house.

This time she took a different route after walking through the same corridor. It was a short journey than last night's party lawn and it actually felt like I was just walking from the bedroom of my earlier flat to the kitchen. I soon registered the route, trying to keep it in mind.

"We're almost here. You look less lost today." Jessica smiled at which I smiled back.

"Suddenly the house looks smaller now for some reason." I admitted.

"You'll get used to it don't worry. Also the bedrooms and the regular dining hall and kitchen are located pretty close to each other so...yeah. It's actually close." She replied with a chuckle and left, gesturing me to go inside.

As soon as I entered, I scanned the room. Being an architecture student...sorry, an ex-architecture student, naturally meant observing a lot. It was my weird habit. This hall was much smaller than yesterdays and for once, everything actually felt like 'home' and not a freaking huge ass 'mansion'

I saw three boys already sitting at the table and one – Seonghwa was busy on his phone, near the window.

San and Wooyoung flashed me a huge smile as I closed the door behind me and proceeded to take a seat. I looked for Yunho but he wasn't there yet, so I decided to sit beside Jongho.

"Jongho...how old are you?" I suddenly asked, trying to start a conversation with him. He looked surprised at my sudden question.

"I-I'm 21" he responded with a blush on his cheeks. I smiled at his cuteness.

"Oh...You're still older than me. I'm 20." I smiled at him.

"I know! But I'm the youngest among my brothers and also the cutest." He puffed his cheeks and laughed. He was seriously the cutest, even though he was literally a mafia group member. I felt like we'll be very good friends very quickly...

"The cutest and the slowest." I heard a deep voice behind me and soon realized it was Seonghwa's. Jongho pouted at his comment while Wooyoung and San laughed again, agreeing with the older.

"I might be slow, but I'm much more mature than you hyung." Jongho gave him small smirk at which Seonghwa rolled his eyes and shrugged with a 'whatever'. I straightened when Seonghwa pulled out the empty chair and plopped right beside me.

"We haven't talked much Sophie, we need to talk later." Seonghwa took me by surprise. I nodded unwillingly. Talking to Seonghwa was the last thing I ever wanted. I always felt like he was about to kill me.

The only thing he has done to me was almost choke me to death and trying shoot a bullet through my brain anyways. I shrugged, trying to forget the past. I just hoped he won't hurt me anymore.

Just then Yunho, Yeosang and Hongjoong entered together, greeting everyone. Yunho frowned when he saw both the seats next to me occupied. I flashed him and apologetic smile while he took another seat.

The dining room was soon filled with chaos when suddenly Mingi barged in, panting heavily.

"Tsk, I wanted to be on time at least today, damn." He looked annoyed as the brothers laughed. I stared at them, having no idea about what they were even laughing about.

"You will alwaaaaays be late Mingi." Yunho stated, dragging all the 'a's.

"Hmph. Whatever. It's just that I sleep too late." Mingi took a seat, slight embarrassment on his face. "So do I." Wooyoung commented.

"But I work till late night! You just binge on stupid movies all night." Mingi death glared Wooyoung who was now laughing at how irritated the older looked. "Stupid movies? Are you sure about that hyung?? I don't think he watches movies..." San quickly added. Wooyoung quickly covered San's mouth with his hand before he could finish his sentence.

"Just pretend you didn't listen anything Sophie!!" Wooyoung practically screamed while the other boys started laughing, leaving me in utter confusion once again. "uh...okay? I guess?" I replied.

"Anyways, let's have our breakfast now that everyone's here." Hongjoong changed the topic suddenly, filling his mouth a spoon full of cereal.

"Wait! You guys eat breakfast together every day?" I asked with a slight surprise. It was nice and rare to see families eating together every day, although I didn't know much about how this whole family thing works.

"Almost every day." Yeosang replied and continued eating. It felt good to see such a strong bonding. The breakfast was almost done when Hongjoong spoke again.

"I'll head to my office and prepare the contract. You come later Sophie." Hongjoong said as he got up, finishing his meal. I nodded at him but realized I didn't know where his office was.

"I'll bring her with me." Seonghwa spoke suddenly before I could say anything. Hongjoong gave him an 'alright, be quick' gesture and hurried off. I looked at Seonghwa who was already lost his own world. I shrugged as I continued eating.

I couldn't care less but I seriously didn't want to go with him.