•22•

Sophie's pov:

We reached the dining room to have lunch together with everyone but it sounded a lot more chaotic than usual as we reached near the door. I looked at San who was already looking at me with a confused face. Yeosang and Jongho were exchanging equally confused glances as well.

I shrugged my shoulder at which San pushed open the door of the hall from which we were hearing so many unfamiliar voices.

My jaw dropped when I saw a packed dining hall, all of them staring at us and some of them smiling as we entered. I looked at San and his confused expression suddenly changed into happiness as he practically ran and formally hugged one of the boys who was smiling at him.

"Long time no see San!" the dimpled boy spoke excitedly. "How are you doing bro?" San asked him back as everyone got back to what they were doing earlier, talking to each other like long-lost brothers.

"We were waiting for you guys. Let's all have a seat now." Hongjoong spoke as everyone hurriedly selected their seats. I found an empty seat which was just between Wooyoung and another boy who I didn't know the name of.

He looked at me as I sat down beside him awkwardly and gave a small smile which I immediately returned. "Handsome" was all I could say when I saw his dimpled smile and gorgeous face. He really was one handsome boy.

I quickly counted the number of new people that were in the room. "Ten. Wow, that's too many." I registered as I looked around.

"Hey, someone explain her everything. She looks so lost right now." The boy who was sitting right across me spoke suddenly.

"Ah yes right. Well, first of all, meet Sophie- our ninth member." Hongjoong smiled brightly. My heart pounded when I heard my name. This was my first time meeting some new people and our leader introducing me as their member made me smile brighter than I should've.

"Sophie? Cute name." The boy sitting beside me made a failed attempt to whisper to himself.

"Oh, so the rumors were true after all. We thought people were just spreading fake rumors but you guys really let in a girl in your group! How cool is that!" Another boy whose voice was too deep for his face spoke from the other side of the table. He was sitting exactly opposite Hongjoong, the leader seat.

"Yes. She's amazing. My best friend Sophie! I no longer need to try hard to get Yeosang's attention because I have her as friend now!!" Wooyoung practically squealed and squeezed my arm in his which I had to remove by force, making the room erupt in laughter.

"Wooyoung, you are still as annoying and dramatic as ever." Another of the boys whose voice was delicate laughed as Wooyoung laughed along with him.

"Alright, now. Back to introductions. Let me introduce you to our friend gang. They go by the name NCT." Hongjoong continued.

"NCT 127 to be exact." The one sitting across Hongjoong quickly spoke. "Ah yes...sorry. I keep forgetting you guys now are divided and have different goals and area divisions." Hongjoong spoke again.

"He is Taeyong. The leader of NCT 127." Hongjoong continued as I nodded and gave him a smile.

"We'll introduce ourselves one by one! I'm Lee Taeyong, the leader. Nice to meet you Sophie!" He spoke.

"I'm Haechan." The one sitting beside him quickly spoke. I smiled.

"I'm Taeil and this is Johnny." The next one spoke as he pointed at his friend who was sitting across him.

"What the hell Taeil?? I wanted to introduce myself." The boy whose name was Johnny gave him an annoyed glare at which everyone laughed.

"Hello. I'm Mark. You can mark me in your heart." Said the one sitting beside San at which he chuckled. Just seconds later, he was lightly slapped on his shoulder by San. "You need to change your introductory line dude that's so cringe and cheesy ugh." San facepalmed at which Mark mouthed a 'No'.

So that was Mark who was talking with San earlier.
They looked like very good friends and I could already sense that Mark was a fun person to hang out with.

"Ignore him. He is weird." Another boy spoke. I looked at him as his accent was pretty different. "I'm Yuta. Nice to meet you!" he smiled. He was sitting right beside Yeosang and I loved how they both were looking out of this world. Ethereal.

It felt unreal how a potato-like me was surrounded by a bunch of so many handsome men.

"Nice to meet you too." I spoke hurriedly as soon as I got a chance.

"I'm Jungwoo. I and Seonghwa are best friends, aren't we Hwa?" the boy named Jungwoo smiled at Seonghwa. He had a very cute smile.

"What? Hell No! Just because we were born in the same year doesn't mean we are friends." Seonghwa replied with an annoyed tone at which Jungwoo and Hongjoong chuckled.

"I'm glad you didn't change much Mr.Grumpy." I looked at the one who was talking now. His voice! He had an amazing voice.

"Ah yes. I'm Doyoung. I hope we become good friends." He continued and flashed a smile.

"I'm WinWin." The boy sitting beside Wooyoung spoke as he leaned sideways on the table a bit so we could see each other.

"WinWin? That's a nice unique name." I commented and smiled back. He was cute. "Thanks. So is yours." He said happily.

"And I'm Jaehyun. Would love to know more about you." The guy sitting beside me finally spoke, flashing his dimpled smile for probably the fifth time in ten minutes. He was way too handsome for me to not smile back.

"Same here." I spoke, not knowing what to say. I looked around as soon as I felt like someone was watching me but everyone was busy talking to each other. I shrugged my shoulders and went back to talking to everyone.

"Now that everyone knows about each other, how about you guys tell us why did you suddenly come to visit us without any notice?"

"Ah, there goes Mingi and his 'straight to business' self." Yuta spoke.

"But right, we didn't come here just to meet up with you guys and have a get together. We need your help." Jaehyun's smile had now disappeared and he looked very serious.

"I'm listening." Hongjoong placed his arms on the table and had a similar serious expression on his face.

All of us turned to Taeyong, now eagerly waiting for him to speak.

━━━━━

A/N:

oop- a double update bc why not! I've always wanted to add more groups so here I am haha. But anyways, the story is mostly about Ateez so the full focus will be on Ateez only! The other groups are are here just to support the story and help in the plot lol.

(Also forgive me nctzens if I'm describing any member incorrectly....I'm kinda new to NCT and still studying their characters and personalities lol so just correct me when I'm wrong! It's highly appreciated ♥️)