•26•

♪ Nothing Ever Changes – Nico Collins

༺༻

Sophie's pov:

(read chapters – party, unclear, why, go, suffer and bang from 'fall out' to get the context!!)

I was horrified. My body was trembling after Yunho recited all the incidents that happened a few months ago. The only faint memory I had from the party was me getting totally drunk and somehow ending up at Yunho's house, getting treated by their doctors but I had never known it was this serious and terrifying.

After hearing how they had killed Kevin, my body felt numb and my head started spinning as I imagined how he was tortured to death.

"And what about...Martin? D-did you guys k-kill Marti-" I couldn't complete my sentence as I felt a lump form in my throat and rushed to the bathroom to throw up.

"Soph...are you okay? Should I come to help you?" I could hear Yunho's voice from the room as I kept splashing water on my face, ignoring him. Tears were rolling down my eyes for some reason. It wasn't that I liked Kevin or anything and after hearing that he tried to rape me, I was beyond disgusted. But was giving him such a horrible death fair too?

"Take your time. But I just want to tell you that he deserved it and this is what we do. This is who we are Soph and this is our way of justice. I am not guilty for doing that to him and none of us regret it at all." I could hear Yunho again from the other side of the door. I leaned on the wall lifelessly and I slid down and sat on the floor with a thump, legs too weak to walk out of the bathroom.

"And by the way, we were not the ones who killed Martin. He was dead even before we could find him so don't think we killed him." This time it was Yeosang who spoke. I could hear a faint voice of San and Wooyoung fighting with Yeosang but my mind went blank as soon as I heard 'Martin' 'dead'.

I never knew he was.

━━━━━

Third Person pov:

"Are you fucking dumb!? Why would you even tell her that Martin is dead!" San growled as he held Yeosang by the collar. Yeosang was quick to get out of his grasp while he looked pretty surprised.

"She didn't know? I just told her that to not make her misunderstand-" he spoke softly as he was cornered by Wooyoung and San.

"Shut the fuck up! She was already going through a shock and you very well know Martin was her close friend!" Wooyoung spoke harshly, making Yeosang even more upset now. These two were the most cheerful people and they rarely used to fight with him but they were really mad now.

"I-I'm sorry. I'll talk to her..." Yeosang voice was almost inaudible. This was probably the first time he was feeling so guilty.

Jongho, Hongjong and Mingi who were silently sitting in the corner looked surprised but didn't say anything.

"Don't even dare to come here and make things worse Yeosang." Yunho, who had his head rested on the bathroom door spoke softly but alarmingly enough to Yeosang step back and sit quietly on a chair.

━━━━━

Sophie's pov:

I slowly opened my eyes as I remembered I was still in the bathroom. I realized I had suddenly passed out from crying too much and I had no idea how long I was in. I got up quickly and stared at my face in the mirror. I looked like an old wrinkly woman with marks of tears trailing from my eyes, all the way to my chin. I splashed some cold water on my face and tried to freshen up a bit, trying my best to forget about the things that happened today.

I remembered my best friend Meghan and how we used to cry and talk about everything sitting in the girl's bathroom when we were drunk. I missed her so much. I frowned when it suddenly struck me that Meghan was still waiting for Martin to come back so she could confess to him. I needed to tell her that he was never coming back but I didn't know how to.

"Sophie, did you wake up? Are you okay now?" Yunho's voice startled me as my thoughts left. He was still there outside waiting for me for god knows how much time I had passed out for.

"I am fine." I said as I opened the door and got engulfed in Yunho's huge arms.

"I am so sorry...it must've been an exhausting day for you." I could hear his soft voice and I nodded, not wanting to talk about my day at all. So much shit happened in just one day and the man who was so tightly hugging me right now looked like he was about to kill me just a few hours ago. I huffed out a deep sigh knowing that this was the real Yunho and nothing's gonna change him anyway.

"Um Yunho...I'm hungry now can you please let me go?" I faked a smile as he laughed foolishly, both of us heading to the kitchen to get something to eat.

"It's almost dinner time, let's go eat something nice." He spoke as his voice echoed through the corridor. I glanced back at the locked room, this time knowing what was in it and not having any more urge to break in and check it out.

"Hi Hi, how are you~" Wooyoung asked cheerfully. I was surprised at how fast his mood changed and how good he was at not dwelling over past things. "I'm ok." I tried to sound cheerful too but failed miserably.

They were all at the table already, as if they were waiting for me to join them. "Steak!!" San screamed happily grabbing everyone's attention as our maid slowly placed the plates in front of us.

I waited for everyone to settle down and slowly the atmosphere became normal, everyone chatting and having fun while eating good food. I smiled with them too but I was unconsciously thinking about Meghan all the time.

"What's bothering you?" Jongho asked suddenly as everyone looked at me. I gulped. There was no way they were going to let me meet her but I had to give it a try.

"I want to meet Meghan." I said bluntly.

"Yes, you should." Seonghwa quickly replied and everyone, including me, stared at him as if we had seen a ghost.

"But of course, someone has to go with you." He added and I nodded instantly. Never thought he would let me go so quickly.

"I will go with Sophieeee." Wooyoung waved his hand in the air happily as Mingi lightly bonked his head. "She is not going to party with her so don't even think of this as an opportunity to flirt with Meghan." "Hyung...how did you-" "You're asking me?" Mingi smirked and Wooyoung pouted as he gave up on his small plan.

"Let Yunho go, he's saner than you." Hongjoong almost ordered and we both nodded as I looked at Yunho who had a small smile on his face. I didn't know when, but I was already smiling at him.