•13•

Sophie's pov:

"And then?" I asked curiously after San stopped speaking for taking the last bite of his cake. He looked up and smiled at me. "Well, after then...now I'm here because of them." He concluded. My brows creased trying to figure out what he meant.

"That family was none other than Yunho and his mom and dad. We did try to find my mom but after few days, I realized that I won't find her so I started living with Yunho." He sighed, staring at the ceiling blankly.

"Awh Sannie...why did your mom do that. She loved you so much!" I frowned at the boy who looked back at me. "I had told you to not feel sorry Soph. Do you think she loved me? Then why would she leave me in the first place?" he sat still, not waiting for me to respond.

"They say everything happens for a good cause. She did love me but she was going crazy, looking after a kid she didn't even want and handling everything as a single mother. Probably now she is at least happy and look at me! I found a real family because she left me!" he flung out his arms and gave a weak smile. He definitely was a little hurt but still he seemed pretty happy about it. I smiled back. Not wanting to make him even sadder, I decided to change the topic.

"I'm glad you are fine. You deserve it San!" I placed my empty plate on the window sill and quickly gave him a short but firm hug. "Thank you Soph" he hugged back. I stood back, a huge smile across my face.

"Why are you smiling like that?" he asked me, confused. I held out a key in my hand, dangling like a pendulum. "Well, I loved the cake and I bet you have some even more delicious things in there...that treasure is mine now sir."

"You little-" his eyes grew wide as he already started chasing me. I giggled and finally reached the safest place to hide, Yunho's room.

I quickly opened the door to his room before San could get a hint of it. Thankfully, Yunho was lying on his bed lifelessly, fully covered by his blanket. I assumed he was sleeping and tip toed to the edge of his bed and sat down. I looked at the small key in my hand and laughed silently feeling proud of the little, smooth stunt I pulled back there.

San must be furious.

I glanced behind me, Yunho was deep in sleep but since his had pulled the sheets all over, I couldn't even see his adorable face. I sighed, trying to control myself from hugging the sleeping boy.

I waited for a while as I could still hear footsteps and voice of San mumbling to himself right outside the door, pacing down and forth the corridor. I decided to wait till he goes somewhere else so that I could snuck in to the kitchen and have another hidden pastry from his valuable collection.

I shot my head back tiredly while sitting while glancing around Yunho's room to find something to do while waiting.

Wait, where is his corner desk? And this room is much cleaner than Yunho's.

My eyes grew bigger as I realized that I wasn't in Yunho's room. I looked at the person who was sleeping peacefully on the bed.

So I've been in someone else's room the whole time? Why are you so dumb Sophie?

I mentally face palmed as I started panicking, not wanting the sleeping person to wake up and find out. I hurriedly paced towards the door but accidently bumped my toe at the edge of the bed. A shrill pain went through my leg and I had to sit down again while suppressing my loud scream.

I sat there for a while, waiting for the pain to go away and praying that the person didn't wake up.

Just as I was finally about to go back outside, I felt someone grabbing me by my waist and I found myself getting dragged into the bed. I looked behind.

Fuck. Why did it have to be him out of all people?

Seonghwa was peacefully lying beside me. Actually, it was me who intruded and now I was lying beside him. He had his eyes closed and I noticed he wasn't acting or something. He was really deep in sleep. I looked at the plusie that tumbled down from his bed and was now on the ground.

He mistook me for his plusie.

I rolled my eyes for the fifth time and looked at him again. His hands were wrapped around my waist tightly, as if he never wanted to let go.

I took my time to examine his beautiful face. He indeed was a real sleeping beauty.

How can this be the same person who literally held a gun against me?

I held my breath and decided to slowly get myself out from his grip. The moment I moved, he grabbed me harder. I shut my eyes close, practically cursing myself for barging into the wrong room.

Why am I like this?

"Don't go." I heard a soft whisper coming from my left. I opened my eyes and looked at a sleeping Seonghwa who seemed like he was talking in sleeping.

"Please don't go. I need you." He repeated. I could feel my heart racing. I didn't knew what or who he was talking about, but it made my cheeks heat up immediately.

I need to get out right now.

As I was making plans in my head on how to silently get out from this awkward situation, a loud ring from the phone lying beside on table made my head turn towards it quickly. I looked at Seonghwa who was now wide awake, his eyes in pure shock as he stared at me in surprise.

He immediately got up and declined the call and looked at me with an annoyed face, wanting me to speak up and explain him what was I doing there, with him, lying beside him, in his bed.

I stood there still and looked at the floor, not wanting to say anything.

"Are you even going to speak now? What the fuck were you doing in my room?" his voice sounded unusually lower and deeper, probably because he was just woken up from his slumber or...probably he was really mad.

"I-I..." I tried to speak but was short of words.

What was I going to say? I accidently came in and decided to lay down with you?

"I'm waiting." He got up from his bed and walked towards me, towering me which made me look like a tiny ant in front of him.

"I-I was hiding from San and thought this was Yunho's room a-and got in and then you pulled me down with you b-because you thought..." I looked at the plushie lying on the ground and quickly picked it up, holding it in front of his face "...because you thought I was your plusie." I stopped talking as I was done explaining. I felt relieved as everything I had just said was true.

I could see the expressions on Seonghwa's face turn from 'anger' to 'confusion' real quick. "Oh? Really?" he asked, resting either of his hands on his hips.

"Ohhhh......." He ran a hand through his hair and gave a small laugh as the late realization struck him.

"Shit. I'm sorry. That must've felt weird." He plopped down on his bed, his whole demeanor changing rapidly. He didn't look intimating at all. I shook my head, returning back a small smile.

"I should be the one saying sorry for barging in your room like that. I feel so dumb right now gosh Yunho even showed me around just the other day and I still keep messing up." I admitted and basically wanted to slap myself for having a weak memory.

"It's okay. I just can't sleep without this plushie so it has happened a few times earlier. I've once pulled San and Hongjoong too." He laughed, finally the tense atmosphere in the room gradually disappearing.

"Well, thanks to god I didn't accidently go to Yeosang's room." I patted myself lightly which made him laugh. "If that would've happened, I'm not sure if you've made it out alive or not." He laughed again. I joined in his laughter as he gestured me to sit beside him. Even his laughter was melodious. Just who was this person?