•11•

Sophie's pov:

"No! Stop please! " I stopped running and took deep breaths, trying to get my breathing to normal after running for a while. San stopped when noticed I had stopped chasing him and slowly turned around to face me, a small smile plastered on his face.

He teasingly eyed the piece of cake he was holding all along and looked at me, bending down to come at the same level as me. "You give up?" he asked tilting his head. "San this is not fair !! It was mine! " I furrowed my brows at him, clearly annoyed after all this running around for a small piece of cake.

"Okay. So it means you give up. " He shrugged. "Hajimaaaa" I screamed as I thang slumped down on the floor with my hand stretched towards him as he gobbled up the cake in an instant.

"Why are you so dramatic hahahaha" San started laughing, giving me his hand and pulling me up from the floor. "Get up." I didn't budge and shook off his hand. "I trusted you San. That was my favorite one. " I pouted trying to make the older feel guilty.

San face palmed before placing his hands on his waist. "Fine. Let's go. I have hid some more in the kitchen. " He sighed. I happily got up and followed the older as we started walking to kitchen.

"Just because you are like my younger sister, I'll show you my treasure." San raised his arm and pulled me into his neck as we kept walking.

San and I had gotten pretty close. Probably, I was closer with San more than anyone else in this house. He was sweet and sincere, and was fun to be around. We mostly quarreled and fought each other over food which made us look like literal siblings but that's what was keeping us so close.

Even though we had been spending a lot of time together since the start, I realized that I had never asked him about his past. He kept asking about me and I had told him every single memory of mine, but he never shared his.

I remembered how Yunho had once told me they all were just destined to meet and how they just naturally found each other while growing up but he never shared anything more about that topic later, neither did any of the boys told me about themselves. I frowned as this thought crossed my mind. I wanted to be closer to them, wanted to know more about them, their past, their memorable moments, everything about them. After all, they were my family now.

"Why are you still frowning? I told you I'll give you a cake from my special collection." San caught me off guard while my mind was clouded with all these thoughts.

Will he tell me if I ask him?

"San." I began, not sure if asking this would be okay or not. He hummed in response as he kept walking. "Can I ask you something?" He stopped walking and turned to face me. "Sure Soph." He replied with a smile.

"You know everything about me right? Everything since my childhood...." I waited for his response at which he quickly nodded. "And?"

"But you never told me anything about you...how you found the boys, where did you used to live, uh....and where are you parents..." I slowly spoke, carefully studying the expressions on his face. His smile had disappeared and was replaced by an emotionless expression on his face.

"San?" I asked him. "O-Oh...yes! Of course. Why wouldn't I tell you?" he snapped out of it. "Let's get the cake first so that we can sit and talk properly." He flashed another smile as we hurried towards the kitchen.

━━━━━

"Here! Look Soph, I trust you, okay? Never....I repeat, never tell anyone about this place! Got it?" San silently closed the door of his 'secret treasure chest' where he kept all his 'extra snacks' which was as fully packed as a whole fridge.