•36•

New Person, Same Old Mistakes – Tame Impala

༺༻

Yunho's pov:

She just stood there lost in her own thoughts, standing as far away as she could from me. Seonghwa's voice startled her as he asked her to repeat what he just said. Of course, she was unable to do so.

"You'll be going to the club just as they expect and we will be joining too...at different timings disguised as different people. We will take care of how to get in so don't worry about that. Your only role is to get in and lead us to the VIP room where the Costras will be. We are going all in this time, no one from that family shall be spared." Wooyoung went through our plan again as she just nodded.

"Is that it? Okay. See y'all later then." She said plainly as she left the room, leaving everyone confused...except me. I knew exactly why she is acting like that and the only thing I could do is wait for her to get back to normal. Afterall, I straight up 'used her' to reach my final goal...is what she thinks.

━━━━━

Sophie's pov:

I could hear footsteps pacing towards me from the back. God, please not Yunho I said to myself as I increased my speed, trying to get back to my room as fast as I can.

"Sophie! What happened!?" I was stopped by San. Not surprised, but rather gladly I just shook my head and started walking again.

"It's nothing San, my head just hurts. It's alright though we have plenty of days till our final mission so I will be perfectly fine before that." I sighed. San said something after that, but I couldn't hear his voice over my loud thoughts. I was going to be strictly professional from now on, working as their team member and leave as soon as I avenge my mother.

━━━━━

I decided to skip dinner, making an excuse. I did not want to see his face at all. I did not want to face anyone and explain anything. I tried to sleep but I just couldn't. All the events right from the first night I met Yunho started playing in my head like a movie.

My life was already in shambles and today made it worse. I have had enough of Yunho at this point. His mood swings were insane to handle and his intentions seemed unclear.
Probably even he doesn't know what he wants from me or does he actually even like me?

I let out a deep sigh as soon as I heard a knock on the door. I had clearly told Jessica that I wanted to be left alone tonight.

"Who is it?" I tiredly asked. "Can I come in?" the deep voice spoke.

Seonghwa?? He needs to start minding his own business. I thought for a while before replying. Of course I couldn't just straight up rudely say no to the current boss of the house.

"Do you need something? Sorry you can't come in though I have fever, it might be viral." I lied, praying that he will leave quickly.

"Fever!? You need to go get checked right away!" Before I could even open my mouth to say anything, a very worried Seonghwa barged into my room placing the back of his palm on my forehead.

His furrowed eyebrows went back to normal as he quickly realized I was not ill. "Why did you lie just now?" he straightened retrieving his hand from my forehead and the most I could do was just give him a death glare hoping he would understand.

"Oh okay....what is it? What's bothering you?" he continued talking which made me want to get up and literally kick him out of my room but sadly, I can't do that.

"I just have some things on my mind and a good rest will be enough to get rid of them. Now can I please just sleep? Is there anything you want from me since you're here at this hour?" I sternly replied.

"Hm well I was just checking up on you. You looked sad today and well...I know a place that might make you feel better! Let's go."

"Huh but-" before I could even say a word, I was already running behind Seonghwa holding his hand, pacing through the passages and staircase to god knows where.

"Ha! Damn, it's been a while since I came here....I can barely breathe." Seonghwa said panting as he yanked open the terrace door. I realized I have never been to the top floors as I never felt like I needed come here. The whole building was just 3 story tall after all.

"Go ahead, I-I'll just breathe for few minutes! Hold on, why are you not out of breath from all that running!?" He spoke between taking deep breaths at which I chuckled. Either his stamina was really poor or I was just too good at running.

I walked towards the parapet that he was pointing at, unsure about what I was about to see.

My jaw dropped as I took in the surroundings and the breathtaking view. It was totally opposite of the view from my favorite tall building in the city, but equally breathtaking.

"T-This is...." I stammered. "Gorgeous. Isn't it?" Seonghwa completed my sentence as I nodded. "Not your standard city view huh? The greens are amazing too though for a change." He stared into the distance as he felt the cold gentle breeze on his face.

It was late so the view wasn't very clear but I realized that we were surrounded by a good amount of lush green trees, the city lights dazzling very far away in the distance. The air was cool and refreshing and there was not a single structure near us, us endless land with patches of green.

"It's my favorite spot. No one else comes here." He started climbing up the parapet which took me off guard. "WHAT ARE YOU DOING!?" I yanked him down as I peeped below.

"It's safe don't worry. Join me." He got back again. It was the huge chajja projection of one of the windows below and I had no idea why I felt like risking my life and sitting beside him there but for some reason, it did feel thrilling and safe.