•14•

Sophie's pov:

I sat beside him awkwardly, laughing at our silly jokes. He looked relaxed and different from his usual self and this was my first time seeing this side of him. To be honest, I really liked this Seonghwa better than the usual grumpy Seonghwa who was always ready to kill everyone.

He suddenly stopped laughing and looked at me with his smile vanishing into a thin line. "What happened?" I asked him avoiding his gaze.

I will never understand what goes on in his head.

He shook his head softly and grabbed either sides of my arms gently taking me by surprise. "I am sorry." He quickly mumbled, loud enough for me to hear it and making me even more confused.

"Why?" I asked him. He sighed, hesitating to speak any further. "For whatever happened that day...but you should've escaped when you had the chance to! Now there's no turning back." He spoke with full seriousness. I frowned, not knowing what exactly he meant and why he said that but I nodded my head, not wanting to talk about it anymore.

"This was my choice Seonghwa so yes, no turning back now." I smiled at him. He returned a weak smile. We sat there, both of us not initiating anything, just sitting in silence with an awkward atmosphere around us. Just then, we heard a knock on the door. I got up on my feet and looked at Seonghwa. He looked calm and gestured me to not get worried.

"Who is it?" he asked loudly walking towards the door and leaning his ear across it.

"Hello sir, Master Hongjoong wanted me to tell you that there is going to be a meeting in ten minutes in the meeting room so he wants you to come right away. And if you find Sophie, bring her along too because I can't find her." I left a breath of relief as soon as I heard Jessica's voice. Seonghwa looked at me and chuckled when she said she couldn't find me.

"Okay. I'll be there." He responded and waited for her to go. He turned towards me. "Let's go. I don't know what Hongjoong is up to but it's pretty much related to you I guess." He said as I quickly walked towards him, both of us making sure that no one saw us coming out his room together. That would've messed up a lot of things. Thankfully, the passage was empty.

━━━━━

We entered the meeting room. All the boys were already present there and their heads turned towards us in surprise as we both came in together. San gasped and was about to say something but he stopped himself as he looked at Yunho.

"Oh, finally you are here." Hongjoong sat down in his luxurious leather chair at the far end of the table and we all took our seats.

I chose to sir right next to Yunho, who was watching me ever since I walked into the room. "Where were you? I and San were searching for you for a long time!" he whispered in my ear as I took my seat. I froze but acted normally and shrugged my shoulders, "I was looking for you but you weren't anywhere!"

He gave me a 'ohhhh' reaction which made me chuckle. He was literally so innocent, I loved him.

"So that's why you weren't in your room...I was overthinking for no reason." he concluded and placed his palm on his forehead. I patted his back and laughed at the smiling boy.

San, who was sitting across me was narrowing his eyes at me, his hands on the table and supporting his chin. As soon as our eyes met, he gestured his hand towards me, as if asking for something. 'My key. Give it back' he mouthed at which I shook my head immediately.

'Hell No.' I mouthed back and smirked.

"Are you guys done?" Seonghwa spoke suddenly, rolling his eyes arrogantly.

There he goes again. Back to his normal self.

I straightened up and looked at Hongjoong who was waiting for everyone to settle down.

"Okay. Shall we start?" Hongjoong didn't wait for anyone's approval and continued. "This is not regarding any mission so relax. I and Mingi were thinking about something ever since Sophie joined us and this is what we were talking about." Hongjoong took in a deep breath as if he was going to say something important. I was alarmed when I heard my name so I looked at him curiously.

"We all know that Sophie is a common girl. And now that she's with us, we think we should give her proper training to basic fighting techniques and also let her use some weapons, what do y'all think?" Hongjoong waited for everyone. I was surprised but excited at the same time. I've always wanted to be strong but my mom never even let me join a martial arts class when I was young.

"I don't think so. We are here to protect her aren't we? Do you really want her to get blood on her hands that bad?" someone spoke.

━━━━━

A/N:
Please ignore any mistakes in this chapter ☠️ I couldn't re read before posting