•18•

Jiu's pov:

"Let me guess." I looked at the white haired boy who went by the name Baekhyun. "What?" he turned towards me.

"You have never killed anyone yet, am I right?" I continued taking a sip from the beer we were having. "No." he replied awkwardly after a short silence.

It had been days and we were still looking for that girl my father ordered us to find but she was nowhere to be seen. It felt like she just disappeared into the ground or atmosphere, one of them and we would never be able to find her. At least that's what we thought.

Seems like our greatest enemies are too good at hiding people.

I looked at Chanyeol who was almost high. He was blabbering like a child and probably he himself didn't understand what he was saying.

Kai, on the other hand looked pretty sober. Pretty and Sober.

My mind went back to Baekhyun. He was weak. Very weak. I didn't understand why my father even let him work for him. Not being able to control anymore, I finally spoke in the most mocking tone I could ever speak in, "You didn't even kill one person in your life. You are weak." I made sure I stressed the word 'weak' enough to make him get up from his seat abruptly and stare at me, spilling half the beer from his glass while doing so.

"I am not." He replied back, still standing. "You fucking are. You better leave us and run away as far as you can because I know, you can't even kill a fly." I smirked, taking another sip from my glass.

"I did not kill anyone yet because I never got the chance too. If the situation is right, I won't hesitate to kill anyone." He sat back on his seat.

"Shut up coward. The situation is never right. But the thrill in killing someone is like a drug...you get addicted. Isn't it Chanyeol?" I looked at the taller who was totally lost on what we were talking about. After processing for a while, he nodded.

"We don't kill innocents." Kai spoke out of nowhere. "You have to, if you are paid." I argued back. He shrugged his shoulders showing his disapproval. This maddened me.

"Don't you love to see weak people crying when you point a gun to their head? Them screaming and begging to spare their lives when they have a knife to their throat? Don't you love it when you feel powerful? The feeling of having the power of controlling someone's life or death?" I didn't even realize that I was standing by now, leaning against the table with my both hands firmly located on the wooden desk.

Kai looked surprised and slightly leaned back in the couch, not breaking the eye contact we had for a while.

"No. That is something evil people love and we are not evil. Not even Chanyeol." He answered, clear and loud enough that it echoed once in my empty hall.

I sighed. Arguing with them was like arguing with a wall. "Well, whatever you say. You guys are boring." I declared and sat back on my chair, refilling my glass of beer.

"Boring but good. And yes, I won't hesitate to kill anyone, unless there is a good reason for it. Never ever call me weak." Baekhyun glared at me for a second and went back to his drink. A small smile appeared on my face.

"Then prove it." I smiled at Baekhyun who was exchanging glances with his other two confused teammates. "Come with me, I'll show you how to prove it."

I left the glass on the table and started walking towards the door. The three of them followed me silently, without any question. We walked down my hall and finally went downstairs to the basement.

As soon as I switched on the dim-almost-about-to-die hanging light, I turned around to see the look of surprise and confusion all over  their faces.

"What the hell?" Chanyeol furrowed his brows. He looked like the least disturbed one among the three of them.

"P-Please. Water..." the old man who was lying on the cold floor struggled to sit on his knees. I had decided not to tie his legs down as I already knew he was too weak to even walk.

"But..But my son is not here. Please...water atleast."

"Oh. Did your son pay the debt? No. And I told you that you won't get water till he does. One more word and I won't hesitate to torture you more before I slice you to pieces." I replied and turned towards Baekhyun.

"Now. You have a chance to prove yourself. He won't survive long here so it's better that you do it tonight." I took his hand and pulled out my gun from my back pocket and kept it on his palm. I could clearly see he was frightened.

I smiled.

"You don't have to prove yourself Baek, she is not our boss. She is simply working with us. Fuck this, let's leave." Chanyeol, who was clearly fully drunk gave me a glance before he took the gun from Baekhyun and kept it back on my palm.

"This was a good opportunity, but I just knew you won't do it because I know, you are just afraid." I added as the three of them were turning back.

I was caught off guard by Kai who was silent till now. He was a lot more stronger than he looked as he pushed me to the blood stained wall, his hand firmly wrapped around my neck, squeezing tighter as every second passed by.

"You insult Baekhyun one more time and you'll find yourself tied up beside this prisoner of yours. He doesn't need to prove himself for you. You are just a teammate for us, nothing else." I whispered in my ear as I struggled to get out of his grip.

He suddenly let loose his hands and walked away with his other two members, leaving me choking on the floor.

"Monstrous bitch." I heard him mumble to himself before he left. I felt a lump forming in my throat.

Am I?