•21•

Sophie's pov:

"Oh, for god's sake Soph! Don't close your eyes!" San stopped his strong fist just inches away from my face. Just a second more and his fist would've smashed my nose right away. I opened the eyes slowly only to see him backing away, both his hands resting on his waist and disappointment written all over his face.

"Sorry San." I replied and took my position again. It was just our third day of training but I was just too weak. Every time I saw San or Jongho throwing a fast punch towards me, I just closed my eyes on instinct.

"Sophie, we can't teach you anything else further if you can't even keep your eyes open during a fight." Jongho, who was watching from the corner spoke in a soft tone.

San looked at me again.
"Another one." He said as he gestured me to take my position. I did as I was told.

I nodded. Another swing. Blank.

"Jongho, it's your turn now." San turned and walked to the corner beside Jongho.

"Are you angry at me San?" I asked as I noticed that he was pretty much annoyed. I would be too, I was in his position.

"Yes but not because you can't do it. Because you can do it but you're not trying hard enough." San spoke, still a small frown on his face.

"Okay Sophie, listen. No matter what happens, don't close your eyes this time. I won't stop my punch." Jongho walked towards me, cracking his knuckles. "You won't stop!?" San spoke again, surprised.

Jongho shook his head instantly with a clear 'No'. "Soph, you better miss his punch or say bye to your nose. He's dead serious." San looked at me with a serious face that was enough to send chills down my spine.

Jongho was the type of person who does what he says and right now, he wants to punch me in the face and if I fail to dodge this time, I'm going to get badly hurt for sure.

No way am I going to let him hit my precious nose. I said to myself.

In two swift seconds, I found myself on my knees and head facing the ground. Saved.

I succeeded in not getting hit even though it was a very poor way of escaping. Jongho beamed as he helped me stand on my feet again.

"Finally you could dodge. Now we can start properly teaching you the attacks from next time." San smiled as he high-fived Jongho cheerfully. I felt relieved and happy after hearing a compliment after so many days.

"Let's go have lunch!" San said as we followed him.

"Hey Jongho, I want to ask you something." I looked at Jongho who nodded, gesturing me to keep going.

"How did you end up with Yunho's family? I heard that Yunho is the only son." "You really want to know everyone's backstories, isn't it?" San interrupted as he flashed a lopsided smile. I smiled back. I wanted to know everything about everyone.

"Hmm...well. I was kidnapped." "Kidnapped!?" I stopped walking as this was a new shocking piece of information for me. Jongho and San looked unphased.

"Yes." Jongho replied calmly. "I was kidnapped by accident. The person who kidnapped me was supposed to kidnap someone else. And when he found out he messed up, he left me with the Jeong family as he was working for them." He explained. I looked at San for some more explanation.

"We don't know why dad ordered that man to kidnap anyone, but yes. This is how Jongho became a part of our family." San added after he saw me glancing at him.

"That's kind of....I don't know to be honest. Didn't you miss your real parents when you were kidnapped?" I looked at him. His face was as expressionless as ever.

"I was so small, I don't even remember being kidnapped. I always thought I was their real son until my mom told me the truth one day. I was a little...sad. They shouldn't have told me that." Jongho's voice softened. I knew exactly what was going on when I looked at the frown and pity on San's face.

I stopped walking and grabbed Jongho's arm which made him stop in his tracks. He turned around surprised but before he could say anything, I gave him a tight hug. He immediately hugged me back without a word.

"You always act so tough but I know you have feelings too. You call me a sister right? So please feel free to share everything with your sister, I'll always be ready to listen to you." I muttered as my voice was muffled but loud enough so that he could hear.

"Same goes for you. I'm your older brother so I need to know everything you are thinking about!" I smiled as I looked at the big smile and watery eyes. He was really the cutest.

"Hey guys, don't exclude me." San waved his hand before I pulled him into our small hug.

"Of course not Sannie." I smiled at the older.

"What a happy family." We broke apart and I turned around to find the source of the very familiar stern voice. My smile dropped as I saw Yeosang pursing his lips in fake admiration.

"You just ruined our happy siblings' moment." I huffed out a sigh as I rolled my eyes dramatically.

"I was just on my way to have lunch. Oh wait, you are siblings now?" Yeosang walked towards us as he gestured for us to keep walking with him.

"Yes we are. She is our dear little sister and you better start being nice to her from now on." San playfully wrapped his arm around Yeosang's neck and pulled him towards him.

"Let's see." Yeosang replied as he struggled his way out of San's strong arms and caught him instead. Jongho and I laughed at the bickering duo. Yeosang was a nice guy and that's what was keeping me from really hating him even though he loved mocking me and never missed any chance to insult me.

I knew he didn't hate me really. We just loved mocking each other in public.

━━━━━

A/N:

Welp, another short, slow update with very poor writing skills *sigh* I'm sorry I'm trying I swear but I've just gotten too bad at writing so I avoid updating :(