Chapter 20: Caught In A Lie

"How are we gonna escape, though?" I questioned, and Namjoon scoffed.

"I have the keys to this place, so I do know what route we can take to get out of here," he informed, and I cheered, "Aye, that's my man!"

"Your man?" Taehyung asked me, raising his eyebrows, showing an interesting look. I shrugged at him, and he shook his head at me.

I couldn't really read him at that point, but we had more important things on our plate.

Namjoon unlocked the door and motioned us to follow him, and put a finger to his lips to motion us to be silent. We nodded, and as we walked further down the poorly maintained hallway of the place I couldn't even call home. Where were we exactly?

"What's this place?" I asked Namjoon in a hushed manner, and he whispered back to me, "This is where he is supposed to keep us... I hate living here."

"Damn, Suga really is a buttholic piece of meat," I remarked, and as we walked past the few rooms he had, a question struck my head.

"Panda, why don't you have men like Suga does?"

"Because I'm a damn serial killer, while he is a goddamn mafia," Taehyung sulkily said.

"So do you want an empire of yours too?" I asked, and he tilted his head, giving it a thought before answering me.

"No, I don't."

"And may I ask - why is that?" I folded my arms, and he opened his mouth to speak, but no words came out.

"It's okay, I told my story, and she pretty much told me about yours, so like go on if you want," Namjoon spoke.

"Fine..." Taehyung said, looking at the ground as we took another turn in the hallways, "It's you, Mae."

"What?" I squinted my eyes at him, stopping to give him a confused yet suspicious look.

"Um..." he averted his eyes, looking at any damn thing but at me.

"What is it?"

"I ship," Namjoon chuckled, and I glared at the back of his head, considering that he was walking in front of me.

"You kind of make me think that I should let go of the serial killer image I have," Taehyung confessed, and I gasped.

"What is wrong with you?"

"Wait, what?"

"No, I mean what did I ever do to you to make you realize that you're only a meme-worthy stalker, and not a serial killer?"

"Excuse me, that hurt."

"You should've thought twice before stalking me."

"Ugh, I wasn't even stalking you! I was stalking your friend, idiot!"

What the phuk-

"Wait, so all this time that I'd been thinking that I was important enough to be stalked was a lie?"

"I'm afraid so."

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME THIS BEFORE?!" I yelled at him, turning around completely to face him, and Namjoon slammed his hand on my mouth and picked me up like a Barbie doll, just when we heard someone say out loud, "Who was that?"

"Shit, we have to run!" Taehyung muttered through his teeth, and Namjoon began running with me being carried by him. Damn, he really had those muscles-

Not the time to think about this, especially when we had our lives in danger.

"But I've been caught in a lie all this time!"