Chapter 27: The Underworld Sensation

The drive got quieter as I dwelled on the fact that Taehyung was out and he didn't even let me know. Or should I call him V, now that he didn't want to keep any connections with me?

Shut up and stop overreacting, Mae.

"You seem weirdly quiet. Cat got your tongue?" Yoongi spoke, looking at me through the rearview mirror.

"You're the cat here."

"I swear to god, I'll shoot a bullet right through your skull if you call me a cat again."

"Sick of being called a cat?" I tried to engage him in some talk to cure my boredom, but he stayed quiet, so I urged again,

"Hm?"

"...Actually, yeah."

"But that's pretty cute, you know. I wonder if Yuki calls you a meow meow or not-"

The car screeched on the ground as he pulled a break all of a sudden. Then he turned to look at my face and astonishedly asked, "How do you know her?!"

"I helped her escape from V's place, duh!"

"S-so you're the Maera?" he exclaimed, and as the men beside me left my arms, I nodded, and the two men gasped dramatically.

"I'm confusion?" I blinked at them, perplexed.

"You're Yuki's friend, how can I ever harm you?" Yoongi wondered out aloud, "Plus, you even helped her escape - I should thank you!"

"I mean, I wouldn't like to brag, but I was born awesome," Where are my swaeg glasses, though?

"She keeps talking about you all the time! In fact, half of the underworld knows you now because you saved Yuki!" Yoongi informed me, and I gasped.

"Dayum, honey!" I muttered, "I knew my awesomeness was going to get me places, but I sure as hell didn't know that it would be the underworld!"

"I'm sorry! V or no V, I can't kidnap the underworld sensation like this! Please get out of my car," Yoongi spoke, and one of the men opened the car's doors for me. I stared at them.

Are they stupid?

As they were about to practically throw me out of the car, I stopped and yelled at them, "You dumb? How can you let me out of the car in the middle of the way at, like, two in the night? You want me to die?"

"Then?" One of the men asked me, and I felt like the brightest person out of the bunch for the first time.

"Take me to your place and help me skip my quiz tomorrow!"

O~O~O

"Yuki!" I ran to her, seeing her stand at the door for me, and hugged her tightly. She happily hugged me back, and spoke, "So good to see you after so long!"

"Likewise!"

"So, how did you escape from V? Did you leave after I left that night?" she asked, and I stood there, dumbfounded, putting two and two together. She didn't know that I had started liking Taehyung, so she must probably be thinking that he's still a villain in my life.

That's when I remembered that she was the one who had given away the information about Taehyung's whereabouts.

"Oh, my god," I stepped away from her, "Why did you give away Panda's information to everyone?"

"Panda?"

"Shit, I trusted you!"

"I only did what was right for us!" she defended herself, and to some extent, she was right.

I breathed hard. I didn't know what to think about it. Somehow, it was only because of Yuki that we got into that chase, and that we ended up in Yoongi's quarters, even though Namjoon had-

Wait, Namjoon.

Namjoon!

"Hey, hey, do you know where Namjoon is?" I asked her, and she looked confused.

"Namjoon? Who's that?"

"One of your hitmen! Yoongi must know, right?" I turned to look at Yoongi, and the said man sighed.

"That bastard helped V escape from the prison and got caught himself. He has a death penalty, and will be hanged tomorrow," he replied, and my heart broke.

"We need to save him!" I exclaimed in the quiet environment, and Yoongi facepalmed.

"Not until Taehyung comes here, finding you," he retorted.

"What?"