Chapter 24: Kiss Me Goodbye

"What? I'm the only one who can do that-" he stopped midway while saying that, and my eyes opened wide.

Oh, my god, what?

"What did you just say, Panda?" I inquired, my eyes opening wider than your girl's legs.

"N-Nothing."

"What was it? Did you just declare your hidden love for me to... me?"

"Love? Pfft," he tried his best to act cool, but rather ended up averting his eyes and smiling like a flu-ridden Mr. Bean at me.

"I don't love you," he shook his head in denial.

"Ouch."

Taehyung sighed in relief, unlocking the door of the car and pushing the unconscious man out of the vehicle and out of his way. Jumping in and starting the car, he looked at me and spoke, "What are you waiting for? Christmas?"

"Nope," I said, climbing in the car and shutting the door beside me, "But for the time when you'd actually acknowledge how amazing I am."

"That's never happening," he cheekily grinned, and I narrowed my eyes at his driving figure.

"You're a bad guy."

"Duh!"

"I really am rubbing off on you," I said in wonder.

"You think so? I don't see any changes in me, though," he smirked.

"Look! You're talking to me like a normal fellow homo sapien, not like a kidnapper!"

"How in the holy hell do kidnappers talk, then?"

"I might have read a lot of Wattpad fanfictions, so they talk like real obsessive machos and their words are on crack. For example, let's mention the way you first talked to me."

"Because I had kidnapped you, for god's sake!"

"No! It was because you never knew how much of a badass I am," I smirked this time, and he stared at me with the dumbest WTF look.

"What's the most bad-guy thing you've ever done?"

"I once sold a bag full of oregano to a highschooler who thought that it was weed."

"...oh."

"See, I'm badass!"

"Yeah, seems," he sarcastically said, giving me his meanest fake smile. I hit his shoulder in response, and as a chain reaction, the car swerved to the side.

"What the f-" he started, but I shut him up with a yell: "HOLY MOTHER OF MICROWAVES, WATCH OUT!"

Taehyung somehow managed to get the grip again on the steering wheel, bringing the car back on track, and then glared at me.

"Okay, I might've gone overboard," I crinkled my eyes to give him the sweetest look I could muster up, and he sighed, saying, "What am I ever going to do with you."

"You know, we can make a badass couple of gangsters. You can be the serial killer that you are and-"

"I'm dropping you home," the words felt forced, and I looked at him, snapping out of my daydream to analyze the look on his face: emotionless. It seemed as if he was void of any emotion.

"...And what if I say that I like it better with you?" I initiated, and he snapped his head at me, perplexity now shining in his eyes.

"What?"

"Again, I could be your ally and we could be called 'The Badass Villains Yeehaw' and could take over the underworld. How 'bout that?" I suggested with a bright face, like always, but he seemed conflicted.

"I can't let you be in danger because of me," he finally spoke, slow in his response, "The underworld is more cautioning than it sounds."

"I'll handle it!"

"No, you won't."

And with that, I pursed my lips, sitting back in my seat, gazing at Taehyung drive the car with a serious face. Perhaps it was my exhaustion that gave me up, but within seconds, I had fallen asleep.

O~O~O

"Hey, wake up," I felt someone shaking me with a whisper, and as soon as the deep voice rang a bell in my head, I opened my eyes to find us sitting in the car, which was in the middle of some neighborhood. Upon rubbing my eyes, I realized that it was my neighborhood.

And the house beside which we had parked our car was mine.

"Hey, you knew the route?" I asked him.

He smiled at me, "I had done full research before kidnapping you, hadn't I?"

"Right..." I spoke, stepping out of the car, and he climbed down too, walking after me as I tread my way towards the entrance of the house.

I turned around, looking at his melancholic eyes and uneasy figure, but he just smiled at me.

"Is this goodbye, then?" I asked, tilting my head.

"I guess it is."

And without further ado, I stepped forward and on my tip-toes to crash my lips against his.

I felt him jerk behind, but he did not waste another second and kissed me back. His lips were soft against mine; his hands snaked around my back to pull me closer to him, deepening the kiss.

It was more than just a peck - it was a real kiss. My first kiss. To my kidnapper.

I pulled away, and as I watched him run a tongue over his already-wet lips, he grinned at me, and with that, he turned away.

I saw him make his way towards the car, sitting inside and restarting it, and I rang the doorbell of my house.

Within seconds, the door swung open to reveal Ah Ra with baggy eyes and a sleep-deprived face.

"Mae?" she questioningly asked, and a second later, she exclaimed, "MAE!"

She jumped forward to embrace me, but as I hugged her back, I turned my head to look at the car behind me, which was now gone.

And even though I was back to my place, it felt like I had just let my home slip through my fingers.

(a/n: THERE'S STILL MORE STORY LEFT! THIS AIN'T THE END!)