Chapter 17: The Swaggy Cat Is A Joke

"How did you even manage to find us?" I exclaimed, turning around to face him. He smirked at me like any other villain in a cheesy, stereotypical movie, and I realized how those movies weren't exactly wrong about a villain smirking in your face at a sudden encounter.

"Stop smirking," I bluntly said, and his minions aimed their guns at me.

Um, shoot.

Not literally! 

I raised my arms in a surrendering motion, and looking behind me to see Taehyung coming up to me, I whispered another 'shit' and rolled my eyes at myself for being so blunt.

Disappointed, but not surprised.

Taehyung whispered in my ear, "Stop, for heaven's sake!"

"Fine, fine."

With that, Mister Killer himself raised his hands up agonizingly slowly, surrendering to the villain, who I remembered as Yoongi, just as Yuki had told me. I could almost hear him crying in the background how he didn't expect any of that; how he had to let go of all his ego and arrogance to raise his hands up and feel the shame of surrendering to the villain when he himself was one-

Wait, do I see a villain surrendering to a villain?

"Oh, shit!" I jumped in excitement, because honey, you can't miss out on the jokes, "This irony is worth Instagramming, you know that?!"

"...What?" Yoongi asked me, and his men lowered the guns.

"A villain surrendering to a villain! Oof, what a day!"

Yoongi raised his eyebrow in confusion, drawing the gun from his pocket and looking at it in confusion. Then, he slowly spoke, "Am I a joke to you?"

"How do I respond to that? I don't have a good comeback for that, though."

"Ugh! Get them both!" The swaggy cat ordered his SWAT team to get us, and as they bolted towards us, Taehyung royally defended, "We can solve this with words. Tell your men to stay away."

Yoongi lifted his hand, and as all the team turned to see him, he smirked and proclaimed, "Let's take them with us."

O~O~O

Sitting in a car with numerous hitmen with bloodshot eyes and ugly snarls on their actually nice faces was unbearable.

I felt like I was being suffocated in the car, and since Taehyung and I were seated in another cheap car, where Yoongi wasn't, I was getting bored (and anxious by the moment, because this guy could kill me without another thought and I had kind of had made up my mind that only Panda was going to kill me because I was so used to it by now).

"Hey, Panda," I nudged him, as he was sitting beside me, and the hitman sitting beside him snapped his head to look at us.

Taehyung grew flustered, and he hid his face in his hands.

"What?" I asked the hitman, and he shook me off, minding his own business.

"Dude, at least answer me. That was hella rude," I spoke, and he turned to face me and kept staring.

"Am I that pretty? I kinda knew it, but like, thanks for the confirmation, bro!" I playfully punched him, reaching across Taehyung, who was sitting in between us.

The hitman just stared at me wordlessly.

"Okay, it is getting creepy."

Silence.

"Say something!"

Silence again. Even Taehyung was interested in the scene now.

"Okay, let's see what can get you to talk," I wondered aloud, and then an idea struck me.

"Hey, do you support kangaroo rights?" I asked him, probably with shining eyes (that's just an estimation of how my eyes were because how do I see my own eyes, like, Illuminati isn't confirmed yet, shut up).

"..."

"Hmm?"

"...what?"

"I FINALLY GOT YOU TO SPEAK, YES!" I celebrated, lifting up Taehyung's big hand to high-five with my own, and the said guy gave me a 'WTF' look.

"You're weird," the hitman spoke.

"Your name, monsieur?"

"Namjoon."

"Kim Maera, call me Mae," I shook my hand with him, who was initially unwilling, but then how dangerous could a poor little girl like me be?

The car pulled over, and we moved a little due to the sudden break. Namjoon got off the car, and then came to my door, opening it, and damn, was I flattered.

"Thank you! That was so gentlemanly-" I started, but before I could finish, he roughly grabbed my arm and tugged me along with him.