Chapter 3: Too Funny To Die

I descended down the main stairs of the living room, almost slipping down on the shiny marble due to my admiring state. The entire living room, lit by a huge chandelier hanging at the top, radiated the power of money. All the expensive furniture and the interior must have required a hell lot of cash.

"This place is hella amazing..." I mindlessly muttered, "This is rather like a hotel lobby."

I heard someone cough behind me, and I turned around to see V - because a single letter name is the new trend - and smiled at him mischievously.

"Why... are you smiling like that?" he asked, weirded out.

"Won't you say 'good morning' and ask if I had a good sleep or not?" I asked, folding my arms.

"And why would I do that?" he responded with a query.

"People ask their guests that, at least after their first night in their house," I clicked my tongue, and he smirked.

"Now why you smirking, boy?"

"Why would I ask you how your night was when such an amazing person made it no less than fabulous?" he wiggled his eyebrows, and wow, that's unlikely for a kidnapper, at least. But then I realized that he was just mocking me, so I shut up.

"Wait, what?" I asked, narrowing my eyes at him, and then I remembered last night...

*ThE pReViOuS NiGhT*

"Wait, you're telling me that in a house as huge as this, you have no idea how to cook food?" I exclaimed, my eyes probably as wide as saucers.

He just shrugged, cutting onions and mixing them with his boiled rice.

"Who eats raw onions with boiled rice?!" I exclaimed, and he sighed, ignoring me, and having a bite of his self-prepared food.

"Dude, you okay?" I again asked, deliberately trying to test his patience, because I could see him getting annoyed by me. And that apparently was the last straw, because then he got annoyed, and banged his hand on the table, making me flinch involuntarily.

"Bruh, my heart might fail like that," I mumbled, and he drew in a sharp breath, placing his plate roughly on the countertop.

"I should've killed you already. Tell me, why have I still kept you alive?" he lowly spoke in his spooky voice.

"I don't know, maybe because I'm way too funny to die so soon?" I suggested, wiggling my eyebrows, and he grunted, irritated.

"Sure, sure," he sarcastically spoke, and I pouted at him.

"Are you trying to defame me?" I asked, offended, with a gasp.

"Defame? Are you even famous?"

"Yeah, I am... in my imagination," I defended myself, and he sighed, chuckling.

"Well then, are your 'fans' are gonna be sad when you die?" he asked, mocking me, and I scoffed.

"Of course! I mean, people- wait, are you mocking me?"

"Happy realization!"

"Bleh," I said, sticking my tongue out at him, and then went near the stove, turning it on.

"FIYAAAA!" I danced in front of the flames, and he facepalmed behind me.

"How long do you plan on doing that?" he asked, genuinely sounding tired.

"Until the flames of this raging fire consumes each one of us and propels us in such a manner that our souls are freed, all our deeds have been washed down clean, and-"

"Okay, remind me to never ask you a question like this again."

"Done, boss!" I cheered, and due to me being the definition of a terrible student in Chemistry and generally all things science, in all my excitement, I fueled the fire with the nearest thing available, which was - get this - oil.

I never thought I could touch such a level of stupid like congrats, Mae, you are now istoopid.

"Oh, my god," the flames blazed high, producing smoke, and I started coughing, my poor lungs not used to such torment.

"Hey, are you crazy?!" V asked me, running towards me and trying to put down the fire. And like every pathetic kidnapped girl there ever existed, I went into a coma.

Just kidding, I only fainted.

*EnD oF fLaShBaCk*

Well, at least he had brought me back to my allotted room (or whosoever it belonged to) and not let me rot on the kitchen floor.

"Yeah, I had a good night's sleep, hehe, please forgive me," I started of with a cheeky tone, and by the end, it got into a pleading one, because damn, who trusted a serial killer these days? Not me; I didn't have Stockholm Syndrome, phew!

V just scoffed and walked off, leaving me alone in the large hall, and having nothing else to do, I planned my escape from the mansion.

And an idea struck me.