Chapter 9: "Jinnie told me that joke"

I stood still, having no idea what to do.

"Yes, let's call my family, "I wondered out loud, and went off to search for his phone. I found it inside his pocket, and of course, like every other scene ever, it was locked with a password.

"Let's see what it must be..." I said to myself, typing out things that could possibly be his password... and I wasn't exactly great at that.

'I-murder-because-I-am-swag': wrong password

'I-follow-thanos': wrong again

'Killing-people-is-fun': wrong again (this is when I realized that he wasn't a psychopath, like phew)

'I-am-hotter-than-Zayn': wrong yet again

Tired, I typed out something random.

'Super-Mario-is-hot': And the phone was unlocked.

I seriously doubt his sanity now.

"Lemme call my mom first... wait, what was her number, again?" I mumbled.

*NiNe SeCoNdS lAtEr*

I'm a weird person. I mean, I could actually remember all the numbers by heart when I had my phone, and now that I had no idea where my phone was, I couldn't remember a single one, like kudos, Mae.

But the police still existed, right?

I ran to the window, and then contemplated to just outside, because honey, the wall was high. As high on cocaine.

Pardon me, because that didn't make any sense.

But yes, the wall was high, and I could imagine jumping to my death if I even attempted trying to launch out of the window sill and land on the ground. I'd probably break my spine and crumble to pieces. How the hell did Yuki escape?

Sprinting back to V's body, where I had left the phone, I turned on the GPS tracker in order to get the location for the connection and dialed the police's number. The line buzzed until I heard a manly voice on the other end, "How may I help you?"

"Sir! Yes, thank you, my angel! Can you get me out of here? I've been kidnapped!"

"...Did you say you've been kidnapped? How did you get the phone?"

"Yes! Like literally, gosh! I just had some high-class action scene with the kidnapper, and oh em gee, my soul left the chat like phew!"

"...I'm sorry, miss? What's your name and where are you speaking from?"

"I'm Mae, nice to meet ya, and I'm speaking from the kidnapper's house."

"And where is the house?"

"...May I interest you in a joke instead? Because I have no idea where I am, but damn, this house is good."

"Miss, please, talk professional."

"I'm seriously gonna tell you a joke now."

"No-"

"My friend Jinnie told me this joke, but okay, how do you organize a space party?"

"..."

"You planet."

"..."

"Okay, that was funny. Laugh, for the sake of my self-respect."

"I assume you're not in a problem, so please, don't waste my time."

And with that, the line went off. I called again, fuming this time. When he picked up with the same, "How may I help you?", I began rambling.

"Duuuude! I've been kidnapped and fed rice with onions and there's literally no internet here; how do you expect me to live for another minute here? I have no phones, and I'm missing out on all the shows I had planned to binge-watch. Even my Netflix account feels lonely. At least listen to me!"

"Ugh, what is your problem again?"

"WAS I SPEAKING PERSIAN LIKE ASAFAFLHA ASAFUFLAH? I HAVE BEEN KIDNAPPED FOR GOD'S SAKE!"

"Miss, you better not shout-"

"I'm done with you, Cameron. I'm breaking up with you."

"Wha-"

"Now rescue me. I've turned on the location of this phone for god's sake, dumbo."

With that, I hung up with time, satisfied that I had given him a piece of my mind. I looked back at V, lying on the cold hard ground (TayTay ayeeee), walked over to him, trying to lift him up.

"You're heavy, dude, and I'm sure onions don't give that much strength!" I cried while lifting him up from his shoulder, and my hand accidentally left him, and he fell on the ground, face first, and I screeched.

"Don't tell me that I killed you!" I turned him, and seeing that it was just his nose being a little squished, I sighed in relief and lifted him up with his arms, leading him to a sofa. Once we reached, I plopped him down, with him falling with an uncomfortable position on it, but I was too tired (and lazy) to care.

I plopped down on the adjacent sofa, and having nothing else to do, I fell asleep beside him.