Chapter 8: High-Class Action

V stepped closer to me, and I stepped back, weirded out by him.

"What... are you trying to do, mister?" I said, narrowing my eyes slowly at him.

"Ain't I your dude now?" he smirked, letting out a small chuckle like he always did. I heaved out a tired sigh at that.

"You could've told me you didn't like the dude thing. I could've called you... Mister Killer? Because you, like, kill people?"

He stopped halfway while walking towards me, shooting me a 'WTF' look.

"Don't like that?" I asked, letting out an 'eek' when he roughly grabbed my arm and dragged me down the stairs, with me being able to hardly keep up with his pace.

We descended the stairs of his house, with me struggling against his grip all the way through, and then me being the smarty pants I am, I bit his hand.

"Ow!" he immediately drew his hand back, and I grabbed a flower vase and smashed it on the nearest stair railing, leaving myself with a little sharp piece of glass.

"What are you doing?" he shrieked, and I shrugged, panicky, saying, "I don't know! I just saw this in movies!"

"Okay, drop the glass, Maera-"

"I don't like being called Maera! Call me Mae!"

"Ugh, okay, Mae, drop the glass this instant!" he yelled at me, and I ran up the stairs, finding no other exit, and he ran after me, climbing the stairs at twice the speed I did.

I hurried up like a chicken that was about to be slaughtered, and who knew that he might actually slaughter me?

"Stop chasing me! This is becoming some high class action!" I screeched, reaching the same hallway we had started running from. Seeing the door Yuki was in, I kicked it hard yet again, just to acquire some kind of help from her. But by now, V had reached the hallway as well, and was running towards me, when I saw Yuki breaking some wood to exit the room.

"Hurry up! I don't know who I'm cheering for but hurry up, both of you!" I screeched, blabbering shit as crazy as Phoebe Buffay, and not knowing what to do at such situations, I lifted up the broken piece of vase I had and shouted, "Take that, you monster!"

Yuki crawled out of the room through the opening I had made and she had enlarged, and V had almost reached me, when, instead of helping me, Yuki ran away from around the other side of the house.

What the actual ph-

Before I could even finish my thought, V had reached me, and was now holding my wrist and twisted it, restraining any kind of attacks from the sharp piece of vase, and I cried out in pain, screaming, "What are you doing, you octopus with his head in his knees?!"

Thanks for the training, Lisa.

"What did you say?" his grip on my wrist loosened, with his face twisting to display his confusion, and I saw Yuki running towards us from the other side of the house, behind V, holding a wooden stick, and before I knew it, she had knocked him down.

V lay on the ground, unconscious, and I wrapped my fingers of my other hand around the wrist that had been abused, wincing, and then cheerfully turning towards Yuki.

"Oh em gee, like do you know the goddess you are?! Thanks a lot for saving me, you quality elastic rubber band, like he was twisting my hand and my soul had practically left the chat but then you came in swooping like the superwoman you are and dayum dayum, honey, this boy is probably dead, oof! Let's run away into a land of rising sun and dipping moon with loads of Nutella and unhealthy crap I eat when I binge watch shows on Netflix and- hey, you like Noah Centineo?"

"Stop, stop," she shut me up rather politely, and I raised my eyebrow at her, who said, "I've got to go back to Yoongi. It was a pleasure meeting you, Mae, and thanks a lot for helping me out!"

She hugged me tightly, and then ran down the stairs, jumping out of the window.

My mouth remained open.

Is this some kind of animation picture or something, or an idea my insane mind didn't have?

That's high-class action, like even Tom and Jerry are ashamed now.