Chapter 11: Off To Narnia

"Shit, we're in trouble," V muttered.

"No shit, Sherlock," I muttered, and all of a sudden, his hand shot up to muffle my mouth with his hand and then push me downwards, right into the ground.

I fell face-first onto the floor, and I was pretty sure that my nose was kind of broken after that act.

"OW!" I yelled, and that's when he crouched down and the firing started.

And goddammit, that actually felt like an action movie's fight scene in 4DX with all those noises and the gunshots.

I heard the windows shatter in the background, as glass scattered all over the place and V began to drag me away from the main hall to the kitchen, God knew why.

"Are you hungry at such a time?!" A screamed at him, and he sighed and went on, pulling me along with him.

Once we'd reached the kitchen, he started to look for the knives.

Oh, and I thought he was hungry. I mean, I would be hungry at such a time, though; my mind wouldn't work without a chicken tikka.

We both heard footsteps in the mansion and the clicking of boots on the marble floor of the hall. He immediately handed me a large knife, probably used to cut a whale into half, and then inspirationally spoke, "Use this to keep yourself safe."

"Oh, my god, I feel like I'm an Avenger and you're giving me a pep talk."

"Shut up."

Right at that moment, I turned around to look at the entrance of the kitchen and comically laughed (the comical part wasn't intentional), "Here I am! The one and only, Captain Marvel!"

A second later, a guy with a pistol entered the kitchen, and in a blink of an eye, I was standing behind V, crying, "Oh em gee, he has a real phuking gun!"

"I like Iron Man!" my 'ally' told me, giving me a sarcastic thumbs up.

V then effortlessly karate chopped the guy into losing his hold on the gun and stabbed him in his guts. I yelped.

"Eek! YOU JUST KILLED A HUMAN!"

"Isn't that what a serial killer does? Or has my entire vocabulary been a lie?"

"BUT HE'S CHOKING ON HIS BLOOD! WHERE'S THE DOCTOR FOR THIS ROLEPLAY?!"

"For the last time, we're not doing a roleplay, Maera."

"HE'S BLEEDING LIKE HE'S ON HIS PERIOD! HELP HIM!"

"I'm sorry, miss, but I guess the male population of this world doesn't need sanitary napkins."

"OH, MY GOD, I'VE NEVER FELT THIS BAD FOR SOMEONE!"

"Now don't start crying because I'm not good with consoling crying girls."

We heard more footsteps approaching up, and picking up the gun from the guy who was bleeding like he was on his period, V grabbed my hand and sprinted to the window. He jumped over the window sill, and then looked at me expectantly.

"What are you waiting for? Jump!"

"This ain't the 'you jump, I jump' ish from Titanic!"

"For Heaven's sake, Maera, jump over!"

"Can you make this a little lower? That would be easier, hehe."

"DO YOU WANT ME TO REBUILD THE ENTIRE HOUSE RIGHT NOW?"

"Okay, okay, I'm jumping."

I took in a deep breath, and hoping to look as cool as V when he jumped (like those stunt guys), I threw myself over the window sill and landed face-first onto the ground.

It sure ain't a good day for my nose.

"There they are!" Someone from that swaggy cat's murder team shouted, pointing at us from the kitchen, and before the machine guns could start with their magic, V literally picked me up and started running towards the forest-like area behind the mansion.

Are we running off to Narnia now?