Chapter 23: Who Gets To Flirt?

Both of us walked aimlessly, this time aware of everyone and everything around us. Nobody wanted a repeat of the last time when we got chased by the cops.

I had insisted on finding Namjoon and getting him to tag along with us, but by this time, it was probably late in the night, and so it was dark and eerie. We tried searching for him, but Taehyung eventually gave up, convincing me to go on without Namjoon.

Now I kinda just hope that the swaggy cat didn't find him.

It was getting silent as both of us walked forward, exhausted out of our wits, so I spoke, "I think I need glasses."

"I know it's dark-"

"Because of your beauty, Taehyung. It's so blinding."

"...um..."

"No, for real, I can't see shit."

"Oh," he sighed, shaking his head.

"Did you really think I was flirting with you?" I cheekily asked, and he fumbled with his words, stuttering.

"I-I, uh, n-no, not really..." he said, and did I ever tell you how content I felt after realizing that this guy with a hard outer cover had a really soft, tsundere side to him?

"You're blushing?" I giggled, and he hid his face in his hands.

That was my cue to go full-on flirting at him, even though I had just realized that he was the only guy on who I had such an effect.

"Are you single?" I asked him, and he stopped walking, staring at me.

"Y-Yes?"

"You're single. I'm single. Coincidence? I think not," I winked at him, and he drew in a deep breath to calm himself down, and walked towards me.

"Hey, hey! Maintain distance! I don't want you falling for me!"

"Oh, my god, stop!" Taehyung was crimson red, and that's when we saw a faint light emitting from a distance.

"Oh, another car!" He was the first one to change the topic, and I pouted at him. I was having fun!

He waved his hands, and as the car came closer, we placed our hands before our eyes to block the bright headlights.

The car drew by us, and the window was rolled down to reveal a man wearing... sunglasses at night?

"Yes?"

"Can you please give us a ride back to the city?" Taehyung asked him, and he tsk'ed, taking a look at his watch, and then looking at me.

"I'd give a ride to this sweetie any day-" before he could even complete his sentence, Taehyung had brought him out of the car from the window, head first, and had given a loud blow to his face.

The man was now unconscious.

I gasped; I couldn't even process what had happened in the past five seconds.

"Bastard!" Taehyung muttered, cracking his knuckles, and I stared at him with an open mouth.

"Why did you do that?!" I exclaimed.

"I couldn't let him shamelessly flirt with you like that..." he trailed off by the end. I facepalmed at his answer.

"What? I'm the only one who can do that-" he stopped midway while saying that, and my eyes opened wide.

Oh, my god, what?