Chapter 28: A Ruined Climax

It was all so calm in the hall. I was sitting with Yuki, talking all kinds of random stuff that popped into my mind late in the night.

"If jellyfish have their mouth and anus from the same hole, doesn't that mean that they eat shit?"

"I'm not sure how to answer that, Mae..." Yuki nervously laughed, and I giggled, leaning back in my seat. The sofa was butt-friendly, and I comfortably adjusted in it, sitting in a leaning position.

"I wonder when Panda will be here," I wondered out loud, and she shrugged, yawning. We looked at the grand wall-clock, and it showed that it was four in the morning.

"I would've rather given my quiz instead of staying up so late- wait, who am I kidding? This is better," I yawned as well, and sat back up.

All of a sudden, we heard faint noises of gunshots, and Yoongi woke up from the sofa he was sleeping on, adjacent to the sofa I was sitting on. The gunshots became clearer in sound as its source reached the entrance of the house.

"My villain is finally here, yay!" I exclaimed, my body straightening up and becoming alert.

"Why are you so happy?" Yuki questioned, and I cracked my knuckles.

"Because honey, shit is about to go down! This is the climax that we've all waited for!"

The gates were kicked open by a furious Taehyung, and a rifle in his hands shone out differently. I'd never seen his face get so scary in rage, even when I was abducted by him. It felt like his anger had risen up three folds than usual.

"Panda!" I squealed, jumping on my spot and sprinting towards him to give him a hug. He returned my embrace, clutching onto me tightly and not letting go.

"How're yo-" he pulled away, and checked me out up and down, asking, "Did they do anything to you?"

"No, no, these guys are pretty friendly. Oh, and I like that sofa, though," I replied, pointing at the sofa I was earlier plopped down on.

"Welcome, Kim Taehyung," we heard Yoongi mockingly greet Taehyung, and he gritted his teeth in anger.

"You didn't have to drag Maera into this!" he retorted, and Yoongi just chuckled.

"Didn't think twice before kidnapping Yuki, did you? I did the same, then."

"Did they torture you? What did they do?" Taehyung asked me in a jiffy, and I shook my head no to his queries, replying,

"No! They're better than what you think! I've been treated like a guest!"

"Then...?" Taehyung looked like a lost puppy, glancing at Yoongi, then at me, and then back at Yoongi.

"I'm not that heartless like you, Taehyung; I don't torture girls," Yoongi stated.

"Yeah, and that's why you're a mafioso," Taehyung sarcastically muttered.

"The keyword in my last sentence was 'girls'."

"Then why did you kill my sister?!" Taehyung lifted his rifle up, pointing it at Yoongi, and the latter didn't even flinch.

"I didn't kill her; what made you think so?!" Yoongi thundered at him, and Panda's eyes widened dramatically.

"Don't lie, Yoongi! She went to your place but she n-never came back!" Taehyung was on the verge of tears, and his hand holding the rifle was now trembling. I placed a gentle hand on his shoulder, and he flinched at the touch.

"That's because she committed suicide..." Yoongi said, sitting down on the nearest sofa he could find, "You want to know what happened? Or are you still hung up on the fact that I killed her?"

"Her b-body was never found!" Taehyung argued, holding back tears.

"That's because she jumped from a cliff right in front of my eyes! I tried to stop her, I really did..." Yoongi said, his voice cracking by the end, "She was like family to me, and never in my wildest dreams could I ever hurt her."

"She committed... suicide?" Taehyung broke down into sobs, kneeling down on the ground and crying out loud.

"Please, please tell me that you're lying..."

"All of your ideas on revenge on me were baseless, Taehyung. And if you still think that I'm the one who killed her, then shoot me right away!" Yoongi spoke, and Taehyung wiped off his tears. I bent down to his level and smiled at him.

"Your sister mustn't like it if you are crying now, would she?" I comforted him, wrapping my arms around his shaking figure, running my hands down his back in a soothing manner.

"You're right, you're r-right. Tell me a joke, Mae, please," he begged, and I'd never seen him act so helpless before.

AND right when I was asked to joke around, all the humor in me vanished.

I panicked.

"I myself am a joke, what do I tell you?!" I pulled at my own hair, and seeing me act comedic (which was not on purpose, but I'm born funny), he smiled through his tears.

I stopped panicking at that and hugged him tight, and we stayed that way, delving into each others' warmness.

"What a ruined climax!" I commented, and he laughed, hugging me even tighter.