Chapter 16: Blushy Baby

The next morning, I woke up on the wooden log, my shoulders covered with a black leather jacket. I lazed and sat up straight, yawning, the jacket sliding off me onto the log.

I looked around and saw Taehyung sleeping on the shorter log right in front of me, and I realized that I had slept on the longer one, God knew how.

Treading forward to him, I felt the cold hit my body as I walked, and by the time I reached him, I realized that he was shivering in his sleep.

"Oh, no," I cooed, slipping the jacket on him, and the second the fabric made a contact with his body, he jolted up.

"Whoa, sis!" I fell back on the ground covered with dead leaves, and he breathed hard, looking around rapidly, perhaps thinking if someone was around. I looked around as well, and seeing no one, I sighed.

He just looked at me blankly.

"Thanks for the jacket, Panda," I smiled at him, and he looked away, a tint of redness on his cheeks.

"Oh, em gee, you're blushing?" I asked him out of the blue, and he faced me, his eyes still not meeting mine.

"N-no," he stammered, "Of course not... I'm going to murder you anyway."

Ouch.

"Really?" I asked him, getting solemn for a moment. I hugged my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around my legs, looking up at him in a serious manner.

"Y-yeah," came his reply.

Why was he in such a doubt if he had to kill me after all this? And what was he waiting for? He still had the chance of killing me right away; nobody would know, especially because we were trapped in the middle of some random forest-kind-of-place, right?

And why was he even pretending to care? Why that jacket over me last night?

"Have your jacket, then," I slammed the jacket on his face and continued, "What's the point of you covering me up with your jacket anyway?"

"Because I couldn't let you be cold when you clearly couldn't survive cold. I saw you shivering last night so decided to put it on you," Taehyung admitted, still not making clear eye contact. His eyes kept flickering from me to the trees, and then back to me.

"Then why do you care when all you have to do is kill me in the end?" I questioned, standing up, and by reflex, he stood up too, but he had nothing to say. There were just traces of anger on his face.

Our eyes met, and I could feel his deep brown ones staring into mine, telling a different story altogether as if he had to convey an unsaid message to me. As fuming as he looked at me, his eyes were soft, as if watching into them could clear my pimples and pay all of my bills and improve my grades.

And as cliche, as it could possibly be, I felt slightly intimidated but brushed it off, since I couldn't always give the power of the situation to him.

"Say something before I get bored," I said in a 'bruh' tone, and he 'hmph'ed, now looking at the adjacent trees.

I continued, "Say what you want."

Taehyung began blushing again, and I cooed, "You're a little blushy baby!"

"Wha- don't call me that!" he scolded me, yet I couldn't stop showering him with the heart emojis in my mind.

He moved his gaze around - anywhere but at me - and his gaze stopped at the tree behind me.

"Is that tree so beautiful?" I turned around in curiosity, and I wished I hadn't.

Standing there was the swaggy little meow meow with his gun-loaded team.

Whoops.