Chapter 22: Wow, Fantastic Mae

We were running like panicked chickens on the dimly lit road, having the jeep of the cops chasing us.

"Kim Maera!" One of the cops shouted my name behind us, and Taehyung grabbed my hand and accelerated with me.

"I'm Betty, I'm not Kim Maera!" I tried but to no avail, as they accelerated their vehicle as well, and Namjoon then gave an idea.

"Let's split!" He suggested.

"Terrible idea!" Taehyung countered.

"Then you give me a better idea, genius!"

"Fine, fine!"

With that, he left my hand, and the three of us ran into the dark forest area on the sides of the road.

Without looking around me or even behind me, I dodged the trees and branches and jumped over the rock hurdles like a pro, and it could almost be called a movie's action scene, but at that moment, I was panicking like my tail was on fire.

The siren and the shouts for me could still be heard, and I ran down the dark until I couldn't hear my name anymore.

Once my lungs gave up, I fell on the ground, knees first, and then panted like an old man.

And then I looked around me and realized that I was probably lost.

WELL DONE, MAE.

I got up from the ground, still panting, and walked slowly, hearing the dried leaves crush under my steps, and bit my lip.

I had to keep calm and not let the panic rise again, because if it did, then I was possibly going to scream at the topmost pitch I had and cry a river on the spot.

Oh, and it was dark, and I couldn't really see a thing.

I should've gotten my eyes checked, ugh.

"Calm down, alright? I'll just trace my way back from where I'd come," I decided with a ray of hope.

Okay, from which direction had I even come from?

Don't you dare say One Direction, because that triggers the feels.

"Shit, shit, shit," this time, I didn't really try to calm myself down. Instead, I started running around randomly.

"IS ANYBODY HERE? TAETAE? NAMJOON?" I yelled at the top of my lungs and then waited for a second.

No response.

"Oh, my god, am I going to spend the rest of my life here?" I wondered out loud, and the thought scared me to no end.

So there were going to be no cuddly pillows? No pizza? No Netflix?

I didn't choose this life!

"Hell nah," I loudly said, because the lack of noise was making me nauseous.

I walked forward, scared out of my wits because it was eerily quiet and ridiculously dark. There wasn't even a moon shining in the night sky.

As the silence ensued, I took in a deep breath and began singing-yelling while running, "Wow, fantastic baby! Dance, oh-whoa-oh!"

I probably looked like a fool.

"I wanna dance, dance, dance, da-dance!"

Wow, fantastic Mae.

"Stop screaming, woman," I heard a Batman voice coming from behind me, and I turned to see Taehyung standing right there with a silly smile on his face.

"Oh em gee, Panda!" I ran back to him and threw myself at him, with all four of my limbs around his figure.

"I was so scared!" I shyly admitted, thanking heavens that he couldn't see my awkward expression since I was hugging him.

"Finally something scared you," he chuckled, and before I could step back on the ground, I felt him wrap his arms around me too.

He. Was. Hugging. Me.

And he was so warm.

"Mae?"

"Hm?"

"Let's get you home."