Chapter 21: The Hunt For Kim Maera

"Okay, now that you aren't really talking, I feel like I've screwed up bad," Taehyung pleaded for me to speak, and I hmph'ed, looking the other way.

We had successfully escaped the little compartment for Yoongi's hitmen, and then as Namjoon had acted sincerely as a hitman still, he had managed to get us out of the dangerously dark manor of the mafia.

All through the way, I had kept quiet, because oh hell naw, Tae didn't just say that he was stalking Ah Ra, not me.

"I'm sorry, alright?" he tried again, and I averted my eyes to the dark trees, considering that it was dusk time already.

Namjoon gave Taehyung a look, and then sped up to me and whispered, "Even I don't like him, but he seems like really sorry."

"Hey, I can hear that!"

"I know you can, boy. I'm not a hitman with no attention."

"I'd kill you right here for even talking to me this way."

"Oh, so should I test you, then?" Namjoon attempted, and as both of them got ready to bitch slap each other, I stepped in between, and without speaking anything (it was the hardest time of my life), I smacked both of them on their heads and continued walking.

"Alright, Mae, sorry for not... stalking you, and stalking your friend instead, who I was about to murder next," Taehyung admitted, and I swirled around, shouting a little, "WHAT?"

"What what?"

"You were about to kill Ah Ra?"

"Not anymore, I guess. I caught a better fish," he smirked, and I cringed.

"Am I just another fish to you?" I asked with puppy eyes. He tried hard to look away but then gave up halfway through.

"Ugh, okay, you're not! You're much better than that!" he snapped at me, and wow, romantic.

"What do you mean, tsundere?" I teasingly asked him, and he was flushed red at that point.

"W-What are you talking about?" he stuttered, and I cooed at him.

"Aww, that's so cute, Panda!"

"Don't call me cute!"

"But you are a cute tsundere guy who loves me!" I teased on and on, and he whined, his face totally red now.

"Namjoon, help!" he called for him, who was walking behind us, and as I turned to look at him, I saw him chuckle at us.

"Don't mind me, continue! I love a nice rom-com!" he remarked, and this time, I felt my face getting hotter. What the heck?

"Why-" I started to speak, but then we saw a car headed towards us from the opposite direction. We three were tired as hell, so we waved in front of the bright, shining lights of the vehicle, but as the car came closer, Namjoon and Taehyung cursed in unison, "Shit."

It was a police car.

Both of them held my wrists from both sides and we started sprinting the opposite way, right back to where we had come running from.

"Why are we running, guys?" I panted as I spoke because a sprint after a mile's walk wasn't exactly doing justice to my legs.

"Is that the girl in the picture?" I heard one of the cops shouting to the other, and by now, I was putting two and two together.

"Kim Maera!" the cops shouted at me from their car's windows, and by now, my doubt was confirmed.

They were searching for me. And they had found me having a nice time with my kidnapper and a random hitman.

Well done, Mae.