Chapter 71: Always (Vince POV)

Vince's POV

I couldn't shake this weird feeling I'd had ever since Chase had said that to me. Holly had probably asked me a hundred times what was wrong and I just kept telling her I was tired. We'd done a line of coke in the car on the way over, so I'm sure she saw right through that excuse but I didn't really care that much.

"Oh look, it's Cyndi!" Holly exclaimed, knocking me out of my thoughts as she dragged me over to the brunette standing by the staircase. I recognized her as one of Holly's friends from some club we'd been to a few nights ago.

I stood behind them, not adding much to their conversation, still in kind of a daze when all of a sudden my attention sparked up as I caught a glimpse of platinum blonde hair walking up the stairs...

... Followed by Mr. Dickhead, himself.

I looked away, not wanting to see them together and trying my hardest to focus on the conversation between Holly and Cindy.

But a few minutes later... I thought I heard something? My focus shifted and I stared down at the floor trying to concentrate. It sounded like... yelling? It was kind of muffled by the music and talking going on around me, but when I heard a thud I instinctively started bounding up the stairs.

"Vince?" I heard Holly call out from behind me.

My heart was pounding as I slowly walked down the hallway, listening intently.

... Fuck, this is stupid... What am I doing? Yelling and a thud? God, the last thing I need is to walk in on them fucking... I mean, they'd just followed each other upstairs hand in hand. What the fuck was I expecting?

I shook my head, disappointed in myself for getting wrapped up in this again. I started to walk back down the stairs... Nikki was right, she's not my problem anymore...

But then I heard another thump followed by a little yelp coming from the room to my left. I walked over to the door and hovered my hand above the handle.

What do I do? She's gonna be so pissed if I interupt them for no reason... what if she never speaks to me again? Or god forbid, what if I really do walk in on them? Holy fuck, I would explode from anger.

I stood at the door, still not sure of what to do. But the feeling in the pit of my stomach kept telling me to open it... to check on her, make sure she's alright... something just doesn't seem right-

I swung the door open without even thinking and when I saw what was going on inside I really did explode.

Chase had Heidi pinned up against the wall, his back was toward me but I could see her face. She looked scared, she had tears in her eyes... and... and...

Oh. My. God.

I couldn't even see straight. The entire room turned red. I could feel my entire body starting to shake and my jaw was clenched so tight I thought it might break.

Heidi's eyes softened when she saw me and I didn't think I could make it across the room to get to her fast enough.

I grabbed a hold of the back of his shirt with one hand and his neck with my other and threw him away from her. He stumbled over himself and fell backwards, trying to regain his balance.

"Heidi, baby? What? What happened, are you okay?" I asked, cupping her face in my hands and examining her already bruised right side. Her cheekbone was cut and she had a drop of blood sliding down her face, mixing with the tears that had started to fall.

She gripped my wrists with her hands and I could feel them trembling against me. She looked terrified, I'd never seen her like this.

"He... he hit me." She said, her voice quiet and shaky as she began to cry harder, shutting her eyes and tightening her grip on my wrists.