Chapter 44: Blast From the Past

"Heather!" I squealed as I saw her walk into the lobby. Tommy was close behind, struggling to carry all of her bags. Even though she was only staying for the weekend she still had five or six bags... typical Heather.

"Heids!" She yelled back before wrapping me into a hug.

"Where are you guys off to?" Heather asked, looking me up and down. I had on a skin tight pink dress paired with sky high pink platform heels. Vince had on his white leather jacket and studded white leather pants.

"We got asked by Karang magazine to do a photo shoot and interview downtown," Vince said cooly, winking at Nikki as if to rub in that he'd be in the spotlight.

"Damn, hot shit huh?" Tommy said sarcastically as he looped an arm around Heather and walked her over to the elevator.

"Well I guess I'm a lone wolf this afternoon," Nikki said as he let out a yawn and turned toward the hotel bar.

I glanced over at the elevator and could see Tommy jumping Heather through the crack in the elevator door before it'd even shut all the way. I shook my head and giggled, looking over at Vince to see if he'd noticed.

"Looks like we won't be seeing them anytime soon," I said, laughing alongside him as we walked out of the front door.

"I don't blame 'em. Whenever you've been gone, I can't keep my hands off you," Vince said, placing his hands around my hips and squeezing them. I squealed and twisted in his grip so that I was facing him.

"You can't keep your hands off me now," I said back flirtatiously as his hands traveled from my hips and up my spine.

"You're right," he said back playfully, his hands having traveled up the entire length of my back and now gripping a handful of my hair.

Just as he began to pull my face closer to his, I spun back around and started walking ahead of him. I heard him let out a defeated groan before jogging to catch up to me.

We walked and talked mindlessly on the way to the shoot, before Vince did a double take and stopped completely in his tracks, a huge grin spreading across his face.

"What?" I asked confused, trying to figure out what he was staring at across the street.

"Sorry, I just saw the hottest girl I've ever seen," Vince said with a smirk. I rolled my eye dramatically and kept walking, ignoring whatever game he was trying to play.

He chuckled at my frustration before grabbing my arm and pulling me back to him. He placed his hand under my chin and pointed my face in the same direction as his gaze.

"It's you," he whispered as my eyes landed on a giant poster plastered on the side of the building across the street. There I was... from the Calvin Klein shoot, a life size picture of myself sprawled out on a couch and posed in their best underwear.

I could feel my cheeks turning red and I covered my face with my hands, giggling and turning to Vince. He had his signature mischievous look on and I knew there was some sexual comment coming...

"Who do I contact to get one of those on the wall of a bedroom? Asking for a friend, of course." Vince said, clearing his throat.

Yep, there it was. I envisioned a giant version of myself staring back at us as we laid in his bed in LA and chuckled, smacking him in the chest whole we continued to walk.

Before I could open my mouth to scold him, I heard my name being called from behind us.

"H-Heidi?" I heard again, as we swiveled around to see a guy about Vince's height, with short brown hair and brown eyes. I could've sworn I'd seen him before, but couldn't quite put my finger on where.

"Hey, Heidi! How are you?" He said again as we made eye contact. Maybe he's a fan? I thought to myself.

"Hi, I'm good. A-and you?" I said, stumbling over my words as I tried to place where I knew this guy from.

"You remember me, don't you?" He asked and my heart sank a little... do I admit I don't? Or pretend like I do? Is he gonna tell me?

My mouth opened slightly as I searched for the right thing to say and I let out a sigh of relief as he started to answer his own question... a very short lived sigh of relief when I heard what he said next.

"You know... from Club One? We met here... about a year ago?" He said slowly and it hit me who he was.

Way back when, when Motley had gone touring with Ozzy and I'd gone to do a shoot in New York, I'd hooked up with this random guy to try and prove to myself that I wasn't hung up on Vince... and I guess random guy was standing right in front of me.

I realized I still hadn't said anything, even though I'd mentally connected the dots, I still had no clue what to say to the guy... I mean, I didn't even know his name.

"You know, we..." He continued, trailing off and raising his eyebrows suggestively.

"Right! Right, hi. Nice to see you again," I said, cutting him off abruptly as I felt Vince's hand tighten around mine. I glanced up at him and saw the vein in his jaw popping out... not good.

"This is my boyfriend, Vince." I said, hoping that he'd get the message and drop it.

"Hey man" he said, holding out his hand toward Vince. Vince looked down at the guy's hand and back up to his eyes, nodding his head and saying nothing.

I cringed at how incredibly awkward the situation had just gotten... and I mean, I get it. I can only imagine how pissed I would be if some girl walked up to Vince and I and the first thing she said was "hey remember me, we fucked one time..."

"Well, we're running late. See ya around," I said hurriedly as I grabbed onto Vince's arm and turned back to head in our original direction.

"W-Wait! Heidi, w-what are you doing tonight!" He yelled from behind us and I squeezed Vince's arm, praying he didn't wanna turn around and beat this guy's ass.

"Me," Vince yelled over his shoulder and kept walking.