Chapter 41: Another Letter

My heart sank down in to my stomach and I could feel myself starting to shake with anger. I unclenched my jaw to say yes and then unclenched my fists to grab the envelope from his outstretched hand.

My breath caught in my throat as I ripped the envelope off and unfolded the note inside. A million thoughts flashed through my head and all I wanted to do was run to the nearest phone and call Heidi to make sure she was okay.

As I opened up the note, something slipped out and fell to the ground. I bent down to pick it up and saw that it was a picture of me and Heidi, cut out from a tabloid. She was sat on the ground crying and I was walking over to her. The headline read Trouble in Paradise? Singer Vince Neil slams fists into stop sign as supermodel girlfriend Heidi Mark cries on the corner.

"Motherfuck," I whispered quietly to myself before switching my attention over to the note. It read:

I told you he wasn't good for you. You'll realize soon and then you'll finally be mine.

I reread it a few times before balling it up and throwing it on the ground. I let out a growl before punching the closest thing in sight, which was the wall in front of me.

"What the fuck, Vince! We're going to have to pay for that!" Doc yelled when I drew my fist back to reveal a huge hole in the dry wall.

"I don't fucking care," I mumbled as I stormed out and headed back to mine and Tommy's room.

"Babe, you spent how much on the dress? Heather, what-" I heard Tommy say through the phone before I clicked the receiver with one hand and grabbed the phone from his ear with the other.

"Dude, what the hell?" He asked, standing up and taking a step closer to me.

"Chill Tommy, it's important." I said mindlessly as I dialed the number to my apartment and prayed that Heidi would pick up. Tommy rolled his eyes and walked out of the room as I stood waiting anxiously.

"Hello?" I heard her say into the phone and I let out a sigh of relief, closing my eyes and putting the phone up against my forehead as my breathing steadied.

"Vince?" She asked hopefully.

"Hey baby, I just wanted to call and make sure everything was okay?" I asked as casually as possible.

"Yeah, everything's fine! I went with Heather today to shop for a wedding dress and..." She began to ramble on and my mind started to wonder after hearing she was alright.

If this psycho sent Heidi a letter to our next show location in Georgia, then he must not know she's back in LA this week. I instantly felt a thousand times better after putting that together and then snapped back into reality hearing Heidi's voice.

"-I miss you though," she said sweetly, causing a smile to spread across my face.

"I miss you more," I said back.

———————————————————————————

Heidi's POV

Three Days Later

The vogue cover shoot was going great and I'd really enjoyed spending my free time Heather. I'd even made relatively good friends with James, although he didn't say much. I'd peak outside of my door every few hours and offer him some snacks and I'd even asked him if he wanted to sleep on the couch instead of in a chair in the hallway. He might've been a man of few words, but every time he did speak he was always really nice.

Heather and I walked into my- well, I guess Vince's- apartment at around 9pm. We'd spent the day completing things on her wedding checklist and we'd finally come back to the apartment to watch a movie and crack open a bottle of wine.